Oprah Winfrey‘s former co-star in The Color Purple, Rae Dawn Chong, is apparently not a big fan. She absolutely tore her a new one in an interview.
Basically, Chong feels that O is basically self-centered fat “biotch” who would have likely been a “field n–gger” back in the slavery days … seriously.
Makes Terrence Howard‘s remarks on Oprah’s tig ol’ bitties seem tame.
Appearing on Matty P’s Radio Happy Hour, Chong talked about how her personal relationship with Winfrey went from good to bad (very bad) in a hurry.
Rae Dawn says Oprah was “lovely” on The Color Purple set in ’85, but shortly thereafter, when she started Commando, O became “a total biotch.”
“I starred in Commando. And she just wasn’t having me. She’s competitive. She didn’t like me,” Chong recalls. “She just wasn’t having me.”
Rae then ranted about how much she hates Winfrey … and stooped so low that she even took shots at her appearance and invoked slave imagery:
- “If you look at the way [Oprah] looks … 60 years ago she would have been a house keeper luckily. She would have not been a house n**ger she would have been a field n**ger.”
- “Shes so enormously insecure. If you wanna distill Oprah Winfrey down to like her most basic components. She wants to be beautiful.”
- “Imagine being [Oprah]. She has all of the world. All the power in the world … and she only wants something that is only chemical, purely impossible.”
At least she did at a couple of “compliments” …
- “The really great thing about Oprah that you can’t take away is that she’s a great brown-noser.”
- “No matter how vile she is, you kinda gotta go, ‘hello hats off’ like, you’ve done an amazing thing you have actually shifted the DNA of the universe.”