By Nikitta A. Foston
He Listens to You. Before your man opens his heart to you, he has to first open his ears. “Genuine concern manifests itself in listening to the cares, concerns and issues of your woman. A man who wants to be around you for the long-term will be a good listener when you need him. He will be a dependable source of guidance and support and will not turn a deaf ear simply because the problem is too big. If he doesn’t know the solution, he will try his best to find one.”
You Trust Him. When you trust your partner, you open your relationship up to a world of possibilities. Without trust, the relationship can’t grow and is likely to be doomed. “To trust a man is to believe that he is doing his best and that he wants the best for his partner.
* He Enriches Your Life. Being in love should have productive benefits for enhancing your quality of life. “Your Mr. Right should stretch your imagination and stimulate your desires. “He should, at all times and through all things, look out for your best interests. He should never compete with you because he knows what is good for you is good for him. A good man encourages and supports you professionally, personally and spiritually.”
* He’d Be Your Friend Even If He Wasn’t Your Man. Too often, we assume that our partners are our friends, but friendships must be built slowly, over time and with nurturing.
“* He Pampers You. Not to be confused with spoiling, pampering is a celebration of womanhood, rather than pure indulgence of self. “Through his words and his actions, he shows you that you are different from any other woman in his life. “He demonstrates, on a daily basis, that you are his queen. He caters to you. He cares for you. Whether he shampoos your hair, prepares your meal or massages your feet, he is demonstrating his affection and the privilege that it is to be in your life.”
* Both of You Share Common Ground. Despite your religious background or affiliation, having a common and unified direction spiritually, socially, financially and economically creates cohesiveness. If you cannot agree on fundamental values, it is unlikely that you will go very far (and if so, not for long). It’s not enough to simply be together. You must be willing and able to grow together.
* You Become a Part of His World. When you meet a man’s parents, his children, his co-workers and his closest friends, you are getting a true glimpse of who he is, not just who he is when he is around you. A man who is serious about making you his partner will not only want you to be a part of his world, he’ll create avenues of openness so that you can enjoy his world, his people and his interests
* There is a Natural Ease and Flow. Relationship experts say there is a natural chemistry that defines your interaction when you meet your perfect fit. “You don’t have to push it, force it, tug it, pull it or cut the edges to make it fit.