Can you believe it; the 4th of July already!! Wow, at least it’s a beautiful day with no rain, humid weather, just a perfect summer day. Take your family to some of the events below and let them experience how Indy gets down on the 4th.
- It’s National Powwow XVI at the Hendricks County Fairgrounds to celebrate Native American culture. It’s a 4 day celebration full of dancing, singing, contest, parade and more. All festivities end July 6th, visit the website for more information www.nationalpowwow.com/.
- The Shelby County Fair continues today and tomorrow at the Shelby County Fairgrounds. Activities vary so see www.facebook.com/ShelbyCountyFairFairgroundsIndiana for more details.
- The Butterfly Kaleidoscope continues at White River Gardens with over 40 native and exotic species. Later today, check out Zoolapalooza concert series at the Indianapolis Zoo with live music. Admission is included with admission to the zoo where you can visit the Orangutan building. See www.indianapoliszoo.com/ for more information.
- The Indiana Experience is free today, July 4th at the Indiana History Center off of W. Ohio. Call 317.232.1882 or visit www.indianahistory.org/.
- Get into character for the Glorious Fourth Celebration at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park. Games, songs, and more all included w/admission. Call 317.776.6006 or visit www.connerprairie.org/Plan-Your-Visit/Special-Events/Glorious-Fourth.aspx.
- It’s CarmelFest in Hamilton County at Civic Square. This two day event is filled with special events, food, kids zone, music and so much more. Get more information here at www.carmelfest.net/.
- Enjoy a full day of live entertainment as part of Fountain Square Music Festival in Fountain Square. Over 10 bands, a beer garden and more all starting at 12noon. Call 317.686.6010 or visit fountainsquaremusicfest.org/.
- Get to the Red, White and Brew Block Party on Georgia Street near Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The event is free and kicks off at 12 noon. While there check out INDYpendence Day Concert with a kids area, shopping and more. Visit www.georgiastreetindy.com/ and www.indypendenceday.com/ for details.
- Visit the Fourth of July Ole Festival at St. Mary Parish off of New Jersey St. for games, food, music and more from 3-11pm. See www.archindy.org/criterion/local/2014/05-23/festivals.html for more information.
- 4:30 means Happy Hour on Georgia Street downtown with music, appetizers, drinks and more until 6:30pm. Hang out this 4th and see www.georgiastreetindy.com/2014-event-series/ for details.
- Concert on the Canal is back at the Indiana History Center downtown with live musical performances. Reserved seating is available or BYOC (bring your own chair) for free admission. See details at bit.ly/canalconcerts.
- Get your face painted, eat good food, take part of the three legged race and much more at this years 4th of July Celebration at Lions Park in Zionsville. Festivities start at 5pm and last till 10:30pm with free admission. Plus check out the firework show at dusk. See bit.ly/Vhxs70 for more information.
- Have Dinner on the Deck at Traders Point Creamery from 5-9pm with live music and drinks in the garden. Going on Fridays until August 29th; call 317.733.1700 for more details or see www.traderspointcreamery.com/. While there check out Independence Day W hole Hog Roast with miniature pony rides, wine and more. This part of the event does cost $24 and $5 for the pony ride. Click on www.tpforganics.com/ for details.
- Here music at the Indianapolis Colts stage plus visit the AAA Military Zone, Royal Pins Kids Area, games and the list continues for this years Annual Donatos Downtown Freedom Blast. Be a part of this free event from 6-11pm at the Indiana War Memorial Museum. See the website at www.1070thefan.com/events/Details.aspx?ID=373266.
- Head out to Victory Field to see your Indianapolis Indians battle the Louisville Bats and check out the fireworks after the game. Check for ticket availability at www.indyindians.com/.
- Love fried chicken? How about a buffet of fried chicken? From 6:30-8:30pm tonight be a part of the IndyFringe Picnic on Massachusetts Avenue to celebrate the 4th of July. After dinner, stay for the fireworks show. For more information see www.indyfringe.org/.
- The Brownsburg Summer Concert Series continues tonight starting at 5pm in the Brownsburgs Town Hall Green. Click on www.facebook.com/events/1374280046194026/ for more details.
- While in Hendricks county, checkout the Fireworks Show at Arbuckle Acres Park starting at 9:45pm. Call 317.718.8750 or visit www.tourhendrickscounty.com/ .
- More firework shows continue at CarmelFest in Hamilton County, Giest Reservoir in Fishers, Greenfield Junior HS in Hancock county and Marion County’s own Freedom Blast in downtown Indy, weather permitting.
Whether you’re headed out to see the fireworks or you stay at home, be safe and careful.
Special thanks to Aroundindy.com