Let’s be honest… We’ve all heard a few of these “Momisms” growing up, then we started using them when we became parents.
- Don’t look at me with those eyes.
- If you keep making that face, it’ll freeze that way.
- If you want to act like a child, I’ll treat you like one.
- Quiet down, I can’t even hear myself think.
- One day you’ll thank me.
- Children are to be seen, not heard.
- Because I said so, that’s why!
- As long as you’re under my roof, you live by my rules.
- G-d gave you a brain, use it.
- Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.
- Are your legs broken?
- If all of your friends jumped off a bridge, would you?
- Oh, Jen’s mom lets her do (such and such)? Then go live with Jen’s mom… I’ll help you pack.
- Shut the door, were you born in a barn?
- Your room looks like a cyclone ran through it.
- Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.
- Let’s play the quiet game.
- Someone better be bleeding.
- Where are your manners — were you raised by wolves?
- I’m not asking, I’m telling.
- When you have kids, I hope they’re just like you.
- Don’t you use that tone with me Mister/Missy.
- Stop crying or I’ll give you something to cry about.
- You better wipe that look off your face.
- Don’t make me: tell you again/come back there/turn this car around
What’s your favorite “Momism”?