We all want to be loved and have a happy and long- lasting relationship with a person that we care about. Unfortunately, many relationships end very quickly, because people fail to sustain them. If you have a history of bad relationship in the past, this article can be really helpful to you.
Having a strong and exciting relationship is an art that should be learned and applied in every day’s life. Here is a list of most effective tips on how to have a good relationship.
1. Make sure that your significant other feels your love, support and encouragement. It is so nice to go home and know that there is someone ready to listen and to comfort you if needed.
2. Relationships are not only about taking; they are about giving as well. Try to brighten up your partner’s day by cooking a gourmet dinner, buying him/her a little gift or arranging a romantic weekend for the two of you. Love is like a flame, if left to the mercy of fate, it is dying down.
3. If there is a problem between the two of you, never use a “silent treatment”, blame, blackmail, or humiliate the person that you love. It will only lead to an argument or unneeded outbursts of anger. A lot more effective approach is to discuss the problem and explain your feeling.
4. Never go to bad mad at each other. Try to patch things up or call it a truce before the bedtime. It will give you time to calm down and in the morning everything will seem in different light.
5. Do not try to change your partner. You have to face it! People don’t change. We may try to learn from our mistakes and act a little bit differently in some situations, but we can’t become someone we are not. You have to love the other person the way he/she is. Do not lower your partner’s self-esteem by making comparisons with other people and letting him/her know that he/she is losing in comparison.
6. Give your partner some free space. Don’t cling and demand from the person that you care about to spend all of his/her free time with you. Try not to start your sentences with “you should”, “you shouldn’t”. No one likes to be ordered around and told what to do. You have to realize that you and your boyfriend/girlfriend have absolutely equal rights in this relationship. You have to respect his/her wishes and decisions even if you don’t agree with them.
With the little patience, understanding and creativity you can turn even the short affair into an amazing long-lasting passionate relationship!
Source: Jacquilline Afua Bondzi – Ghanaian Chronicle