What a way to start the weekend off…the sun is shining bright and temps are going up over 85; let the fun begin.
Kids are out of school and pools will be filled today, so start things off simple with a parade and end with a magnificent dance from Kenyetta Dance Co. Check out some things below to find out whats up in and around your city:
- Time again for the Cadillac Barbie IN Pride Parade in Downtown Indy starting at 10am. The first Pride Parade featured one float, an antique truck, a few drag queens, some antique cars, and a handful of walking groups. Now has grown to have over 100 floats and walking groups, lasting nearly 2 hours! Find out more information at circlecityinpride.org/event/parade/
- After the parade, head over to Military Park at 12noon for Circle City IN Pride Festival circlecityinpride.org/
- The 5th Annual National Get Outdoors Day is being celebrated at Indiana Dunes. Have aday of family fun with a hike, science games, live music, picnic lunch on the lawn, and more at this FREE event. Details available at bit.ly/2rbLMRU
- Time to get Groovin in the Garden at Easley Winery. Gather your friends, make picnics, sit back and enjoy great music starting at 2pm. Get more information online at easleywinery.com/
- There’s a lot of festivals going on today, but one of the biggest besides the Italian Street Festival is the St. Simon Parish Festival in Indy. It’s a 3-day parish festival with good food, live music, carnival rides, and more. It kicks off again today at 3pm for only $10 admission. Visit their website at saintsimonfestival.com/festival-info for more details.
- One festival that I look forward to each year is the Italian Street Festival at Holy Rosary Catholic Church that starts up again at 5pm today. Enjoy good food, live music, amusement rides, wine and beer and so much more. Admission is free, but the food and rides do cost. Get details at indyitalianfest.org/
- Your Indianapolis Indians have a game tonight at 7:05pm with the Columbus Clippers over at Victory Field. Tickets are still available at indyindians.com/
- Kenyetta Dance Company has a performance tonight at 7:30pm entitled, The Skin We’re In, at Arthur M Glick JCC. Share perspectives and embody how diversity and inclusion can triumphantly unite. Be moved by this great performance and find out more at kenyattadance.com/
This is not even a complete list of events going on this weekend. To find out more go to AroundIndy.com and hopefully I’ll see you and your family out this weekend.