Well, freezing temps continue this week, but don’t let the cold dampen your spirits. There’s still plenty to do to help the family stay warm while having a great time.
- Ladies, the men are in town for the NFL Scouting Combine at Lucas Oil Stadium. More than 300 men, I mean prospects (LOL) will participate in hopes of joining a NFL team. Hours and activities vary so get more details at www.nfl.com/combine.
- The Indianapolis Children’s Museum is great for letting kids express themselves with Inside Hollywood Film & TV: You’re on the Set!. Kids can put themselves on set of a tv show that they created! Plus can also check out What’s Your Style? Express Yourself with this social media project. For more details on these events and more at the Children’s Museum visit www.childrensmuseum.org/
- Looking for right Adidas? The Adidas Warehouse Clearance Event is here at the State Fairgrounds inside the DuPont Pavilion. Admission is FREE and is open until 6pm today. Find out more at www.indianastatefair.com/.
- While at the State Fairgrounds check out the Motorcycle Expo going on now until 5pm today.
- Try soups from some of Indy’s best restaurants and caterers at the Inaugural SoupFest Indy at Primo Banquet & Conference Center until 4pm today for only $8. Proceeds go to help Gleaners Food Bank. Find out more at 317.218.2243 or www.facebook.com/events/1381611062144354/.
- $6,000 is up for grabs at this years annual Student Show at the Indianapolis Art Center off of East 67th St. Admission is absolutely free and is open to 6pm today.indplsartcenter.org/studentshow/
- Be a part of the Winter Warm-Up with Mallow Run Winery in Johnson County. Each weekend they have great food, live music and of course…WINE!! To see what’s on the menu today visit www.mallowrun.com/.
- College Goal Sunday is here at 37 locations across the state. High School Seniors can get free help completing applications for financial aid and much more. Call 800.992.2076 for more information or visit collegegoalsunday.org/.
- Get a “Taste of the Southside” at Valle Vista Country Club with some of the area’s best chefs and bartenders as they compete in the Chef’s Challenge. It all kicks off at 4:30 and feel free to sample the offerings by the competitors. Visit www.greenwoodchamber.com/ for details.
- The 3rd Annual “Miracles” Fundraising Event is going to today at the Scottish Rite Cathedral downtown. Its a dinner, auctions, cash bar and concert to help benefit Canine Companions for Independence. Visit www.brownpapertickets.com/event/871794 for details and prices.
- Your Indiana Pacers battle it out tonight at Bankers Life Fieldhouse with the Golden State Warriors. Tickets are still available for this game and may be purchased through Ticketmaster or www.nba.com/pacers/schedule.
- The Oscars are tonight so how about a Red Carpet Gala? Well there’s a James Bond themed Oscar viewing party hosted by United Way of Central Indiana at the Old National Centre starting at 7pm. Get more information at www.uwci.org/redcarpet.
- Be a part of the Salute to Black History Month presented by the Indy Jazz Fest this weekend at the Jazz Kitchen off of North College. Find out more about The Vision of Our Visionaries at www.thejazzkitchen.com/.
- Want more jazz? Be a part of Jazz Jam Sunday at the Chatterbox Jazz Club where admission is always FREE and is only for the mature crowd. Find out more at www.chatterboxjazz.com/.
Be careful out there as not all streets are clear.
Special thanks to Aroundindy.com