For listeners who haven’t enrolled yet, what should they know?
- People without the right health plan often are less healthy because they don’t get the care they need.
- Most bankruptcies are due to unforeseen medical expenses.
- Don’t let that happen to you; getting covered is so important and time is running out.
What about paying for a health plan. How can folks make that more affordable?
- HealthMarkets can make the whole process much easier by helping people search thousands of plans to find the one that saves them the most money.
- Plus, HealthMarkets can help you apply for subsidies from the government to lower the cost, with most people paying less than $100 a month and some even paying nothing.
What happens if folks don’t get covered?
- The tax penalty for not having health insurance doubles this year. Folks will owe a minimum of 2% of their income in extra taxes if they don’t have insurance. It’s not worth going uninsured and paying more in taxes.
The big deadline is approaching, what should folks do?
- To avoid the tax penalty and get subsidies to help them lower the cost, they need to call right now before the Obamacare enrollment period ends.
- If they miss the deadline, they might not have any insurance for the whole year and end up paying much more.
- Go to Health Markets or call 800-404-1618 to find the right health plan, maximize government subsidies and avoid the tax penalty. The HealthMarkets service is completely free.
Get Well Wednesday: Your Questions About The Affordable Healthcare Deadline Answered! was originally published on blackamericaweb.com