The temps and humidity are rising, but don’t let that stop you. The weather also calls for a few scattered t-storms, but rain only hurt wicked witches right? So, what’s going on today; check out some of the events listed below.
- Take the fair train to the 158th running of the Indiana State Fair. The train has over 8 departures and today will be the last day to ride as it’s the last day of the fair :(. You can view activities happening today on the website at www.indianastatefair.com/.
- It’s not Halloween, but you could still dress like your favorite character at Gen Com Gaming Convention at the Indiana Convention Center. Non-stop gaming action with over 5000 events and more. Last day of the convention is today; for more details see www.gencon.com.
- Kids Bowl Free day is today and everyday until the end of summer at Woodland Bowl. Kids get 2 free games of bowling each day!! Kids must be registered and can do so at www.kidsbowlfree.com/.
- Grape to Glass Winery Tour is happening today at Easley Winery off of College Ave. Experience the art of wine-making from the grape to the glass. No reservations required, but parties over 9 please call in advance. See www.easleywinery.com/tours.html for more details.
- The 10th Annual Indianapolis Theatre Fringe Festival is back with over 11 days filled with venues, performing acts, shows and much more. Shows and activities vary on a daily basis so check here at www.indyfringe.org/ for details daily.
- Get a Taste of Indiana at White River State Park for the 5th Annual Dig In. Over 30 chefs from Indiana, brewers, food trucks and more will show what they have to offer until 5pm. See website www.digindiana.org/ for details and prices.
- Your Indianapolis Indians take the field today as they battle the Louisville Bats at Victory Field. Game starts at 1:35pm and tix are still available. Get yours at Ticketmaster, Victory Field or by checking online at www.indyindians.com/.
- Visit Mallow Run Winery for Sunday on the Patio with live music, snacks, wine and much more. Admission is free and music from 2-5pm. Call 317.422.1556 or visit www.mallowrun.com/.
- The Pepsi Gospel Music Fest is live at the Indiana State Fair today starting at 4pm. It’s part of the free stage so your admission to the fair gets you into one of the 5,000 seats available. See www.indianastatefair.com/ for more details.
Don’t let the rain or cloudy skies hold you back. Get up, get out and get something for the kids to do. Whatever it is be safe and download our app in your app store and take us everywhere so you dont’ miss your chance to win tix to see Case in concert Aug. 29th.
Special thanks to Aroundindy.com