Over the years, he’s crossed genres working with artists such as Celine Dion and defied all R&B bounds with the “Trapped in the Closet” series. Now, he’s worked with Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, and Justin Bieber, and he is excited to bring everyone the new “hotness” of R&B.
R. Kelly on working with Lady Gaga:
Well it’s simple. I had a show about two months ago. And [Gaga] was there and she came backstage. I went on stage and she was on the side chilling while I did my show. After that, we chopped it up for a minute and she asked me to do a song that she had and wanted me to get on it. I’m like ‘Man, give it to me…I can’t wait to hear this,’ because it [was] like ‘What is this gonna sound like?’ you know what I mean?
When she sent it, it was so hot. And when we got together, she’s so hot! I’m like- I’m hot, we [so] hot can’t nothing happen but hotness! So it just worked out. I’m feeling good about it!
Take a look at the entire interview below.
Check out the rest at Necole Bitchie.
Are you excited for new R. Kelly?
MORE MUSIC ON THE URBAN DAILY
Top 10 R. Kelly Videos
1. 10. “Fiesta” with Jay-Z (2000)Source: 1 of 7
2. 8. “Thoia Thoing” (2003)Source: 2 of 7
3. 7. “Step in the Name of Love” (2003)Source: 3 of 7
4. 5. “I Believe I Can Fly” (1996)Source: 4 of 7
5. 4. “When a Woman Loves” (2010)Source: 5 of 7
6. 2. “If I Could Turn Back the Hands of Time” (1999)Source: 6 of 7
7. 1. “Down Low” (1995)Source: 7 of 7
R. Kelly Talks About “Black Panties” And Working With Justin Bieber [VIDEO] was originally published on theurbandaily.com