According to a new study, 34% of people are friends with people on Facebook that they don’t like and would never talk too. Question is, why are they friends in the first place? Here are the TOP 5 reasons.
1. To monitor their photos or status updates, see what they’re up to, and see if they’re succeeding or failing.
2. They’re a family member you HAVE to be friends with.
3. They’re a good business connection to stay in contact with.
4. You don’t want to deal with the consequences of defriending them.
5. Being friends with them allows you to see what other people you’re not Facebook friends with are doing, like your kid or your boss.
The survey also found 22% of people have had an argument with someone because they assumed a vague Facebook status update was about them.