Experts agree: There is an important relationship between overall health, overall lifestyle, and sexual satisfaction. Research also suggests that certain physical conditions that go along with obesity also affect sex drive, further dampening the desires of those who are overweight.
The good news: You can make some lifestyle changes to enhance your libido, experts say. Those changes include:
- If you’re overweight, lose a little weight (even 10 pounds) to stimulate sex hormones.
- Eat more nutritious foods, which control cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Choose heart – healthy foods such as grains, fruits, nuts, vegetables, and lean sources of dairy and protein.
- Exercise regularly. To strengthen your heart and help build endurance, add a few high-intensity bouts to your fitness routine. Strength training is also a good idea, to build shapely muscle and to keep your body strong enough to handle all your day-to-day activities (including sex).
- Get enough rest. It’s hard to be in the mood for love when you are exhausted!
- Keep a positive attitude. Accept your body, whatever its size, and believe in your sensuality.