If you didn’t know any better, you might think that you woke up in 1994 or 1995 all over again, as the current fascination and endless media attention involving the O.J. Simpson murder trial just refuses to slow down.
Today a former juror has a controversial theory as to why Simpson received a not guilty verdict for the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman.
As reported by Love B. Scott, former Simpson trial juror Carrie Bess was interviewed for the ESPN documentary O.J.: Made in America, where she bluntly stated she felt that the overwhelming majority of the jury reached a not guilty verdict as payback for the beating of Rodney King and subsequent acquittal by the officers involved in the highly publicized and racially motivated incident back in 1992.
This revelation should come as little surprise, since it has been thought for several years that the King case was a direct response to not only Simpson’s acquittal, but also the overwhelming support Simpson received from the Black community throughout the duration of the “trial of the century.”
Bess’ full statement reads:
Interviewer: Do you think there are members of the jury that voted to acquit O.J. because of Rodney King?
Interviewer: You do?
Interviewer: How many of you do you think felt that way?
Bess: Oh, probably 90 percent of them.
Interviewer: 90 percent? Did you feel that way?
Interviewer: That was payback.
Interviewer: Do you think that’s right?
Bess holds up hands up in response to this particular question.
It’s clear that the stories, theories, revelations, and interviews about this case are far from over. However, this development is an interesting twist that practically confirms what many have perceived all along.
SOURCE: LoveBScott.com | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
11 Interesting Facts About O.J. Simpson & His Murder Trial
1. Nicole Brown was originally O.J.’s mistress.Source: 1 of 11
2. O.J. allegedly apologized over Nicole’s casket.Source: 2 of 11
3. The glove didn’t fit because…Source: 3 of 11
4. Marcia Clark once told Johnnie Cochran she was going commando.Source: 4 of 11
5. The Bronco chase.Source: 5 of 11
6. Almost 95 million people were watching the car chase.Source: 6 of 11
7. Game 5 of the NBA Finals was also interrupted by the Bronco chase.Source: 7 of 11
8. The Bronco chase directly affected Domino’s pizza sales.Source: 8 of 11
9. Everything stopped on the day of O.J.’s “Not Guilty” verdict.Source: 9 of 11
10. In The Bronco…Source: 10 of 11
11. He tried to commit suicide in Khloe Kardashian’s bedroom.Source: 11 of 11
O.J. Simpson Juror Says Rodney King Verdict Was Reason For Acquittal was originally published on hellobeautiful.com