Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump announced Thursday during a debate at Miami University that former challenger Ben Carson will endorse him Friday at a press conference at the real estate mogul’s private Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida.
The retired neurosurgeon suspended his presidential bid a week ago, saying he didn’t see a path forward in the race.
From CBS News:
In an interview on Fox News Radio Thursday, Carson hinted at his support for the GOP real estate mogul. Asked whether he was planning to back Trump, he replied: “Let’s put it this way, I’m certainly leaning.”
And despite his past criticism of Trump, Carson said Thursday that there’s a side of Trump people don’t see in public.
“Well, you know there are two Donald Trumps. There’s the Donald Trump that you see on television and who gets out in front of big audiences, and there’s the Donald Trump behind the scenes,” he said. “They’re not the same person. One’s very much an entertainer, and one is actually a thinking individual.”
Trump hinted that if nominated, Carson would have a spot in his administration, possibly overseeing education.
This is a developing story…
SOURCE: CBS News | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty | VIDEO CREDIT: CBS News
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14 of 14
"The future rewards those who press on. I don't have time to feel sorry for myself. I don't have time to complain. I'm going to press on."— BrooklynDad_Defiant! (@mmpadellan) February 18, 2019
-- President Barack Obama
Happy #PresidentsDay, Mr. President! We ❤️ you!@BarackObama pic.twitter.com/xhQEb4OG1U