Indy…what a beautiful day it is. Finally, I was able to make it to the yard!! Yay, just a minor achievement so I can get out there and enjoy the rest of the weekend. Speaking of enjoying things, there are plenty of things going on today that you and the family or friends can check out together.
- FREE admission to all Indiana State Parks today in observance of “Visit Indiana Week”. Need a list of the state parks visit in.gov/dnr/ or call 317.232.4200 for details.
- Visit Stony Fest 2015 at Stonybrook Middle School today. Admission is FREE and you can be a part of the festivities, enjoy the food and much more. It’s going from 9a-1pm. Visit stonybrook.warren.k12.in.us/.
- Over 70 banks will perform on 3 outdoor stages as part of the Virginia Avenue Folk Fest here in Indy. Plus local area restaurants will be there along with vendors, arts, and much more. Proceeds benefit Trusted Mentors and last until 10pm. Find out more at virginiaavenuefolkfest.com/.
- Don’t forget about Chase 500 Festival for the kids today on Monument Circle. Check out one of the largest outdoor kids festivals with thousands of prizes and things for the kids to get into. Find out more at 500festival.com/.
- Your family can find a new friend today at the Paws and Read at the Westfield Washington Public Library. A dog can be the best listener and a great companion to read to. Find out how to be a part of this by visiting wwpl.lib.in.us/.
- The Indiana Blaze BDL take on the New Jersey Bullets in this round of semi-pro men’s basketball at Noblesville East Middle School. Tip off is at 2pm and tickets are only $7. Get more information at www.indyblazebasketball.com/.
- The 2nd Annual Angie’s List Grand Prix is at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway to kick off the month of May. There will be some roads closed due to the race so please find out more details about tickets and closings at indianapolismotorspeedway.com/.
- Think your mom is a queen? Treat her to “Pamper the Queen” in Avon today at Social Ease. It doesn’t matter if she’s new to dancing or just wants to do something different; check them out today. Call 317.386.8900 for more details or visit avonsocialease.com/.
- Be a part of the roller derby world and cheer on the Circle City Derby Girls roller Derby today at the Forum at Fishers. doors open at 5:30pm and kids 7 and under are free. Call 317.849.9930 or visit www.circlecityderbygirls.com/ for more information.
- Are you up for a ghost walk? Head over to the Historic Underground Railroad for the Ghost Walk in Westfield. Reservations are required and kids under 6 are not allowed. For a ghoulish time visit www.unseenpress.com/.
- Maybe you want a chill evening…check out Jazz Saturday at the Chatterbox Jazz Club. Live music performances each weekend after dinner starting at 10:30pm. Must be 21+ to attend and there is a small fee up to $8. Call 317.636.0584 or visit chatterboxjazz.com/ for more details.
Whatever you do this weekend have fun and enjoy the people you love the most. To find out about more events going on in and around the city check out Aroundindy.com.