Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving…now the break is over and time to keep the kids active this weekend so you can continue your shopping. Checkout some of the great events below happening today and all through out the holiday season.
- Now until Jan. 4th bring the kids to the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis for Jolly Days Winter Wonderland where they slide down the 2 story Yule Slide, visit with Santa and much more. For more information give them a call at 317.334.3322 or visit www.childrensmuseum.org/exhibits/jolly-days.
- It’s the 2nd Annual Indianapolis Hospitality Week at the new Eiteljorg Museum where Indy workers in the hospitality industry get in for free. Bring your work badge, business card or other types of verification. For more details contact them at 317.636.9378 or bit.ly/1y1SNk8.
- Enjoy a holiday tradition with the Gingerbread Village at Conner Prairie. Sweet treats, and a wide variety of activities to keep the kids busy. Visit the web site at bit.ly/1tf6O8a.
- It’s a Holiday Artisan Bazaar at the Arthur M. Glick JCC until 4pm today. Admission is free and shop for jewelry, glassware, wood crafts, and much more. For details visit www.jccindy.org/.
- It’s Celebration Crossing at the Indiana State Museum. Kids can see the LS Ayres store windows of the past, enjoy dining in the Tea Room, ride the Santa Claus Express and more. Going on now through Dec. 31st and closed Dec. 25th. Contact them at 317.232.1637 or www.indianamuseum.org/exhibits/details/id/282.
- It’s Christmas at the Lilly House over at the Museum of Art off of Michigan Rd. Take a tour of this extravagantly decorated home for the holidays now until Jan. 4th. Visit the web page at www.imamuseum.org/.
- Hot chocolate, hayrides and more all while picking out your favorite Christmas Tree…only at Christmas on the Farm at Piney Acres Farm in Fortville. Open now until Dec, 24th until 8pm. Get more information at www.pineyacresfarm.com/.
- Enjoy Christmas Trees? Visit the Festival of Trees at the Indiana History Center where 25 holiday trees are decked out in ways you could never imagine. Plus enjoy the family packed activities including face painting and more now until Jan. 3rd. For more details visit www.indianahistory.org/.
- Take a break and enjoy the Grape to Glass Winery Tour at Easley Winery off of College Ave. Get a more in depth look at the art of wine-making every weekend from 12-3pm. No reservations needed, so check them out at www.easleywinery.com/tours.html.
- The circus is in town…literally; Ringling Bros. & Barnum and Bailey is here at Bankers Life Fieldhouse for “Legends”. Final show today at 5pm and tickets are still available. Contact the venue box office or Ticketmaster. www.bankerslifefieldhouse.com/
- It’s time again for the 22nd year of a Beef & Boards Christmas at Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre. Showtimes vary so check their website for more detailed info at www.beefandboards.com/.
- Enjoy the beloved holiday favorite, A Christmas Carol at the Indiana Repertory Theatre now until Dec. 26th. Showtimes vary and Tickets start at only $15. See www.irtlive.com/shows_and_tickets/shows/carol/ for more details.
- Yes, it’s the 47th Annual of Christmas at the Zoo at the Indianapolis Zoo. Take a part of the holiday events and activities beginning at 5pm now until Jan. 4th. Give them a call for more details at 317.630.2001 or visit bit.ly/1voZC0o.
- The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra presents the annual holiday celebration with Yuletide Celebration at the Hilbert Circle Theatre now until Dec.23rd. Showtimes and prices vary, check out the web page at www.indianapolissymphony.org/ for more details.
Please bundle up and be safe this holiday season and keep checking back each weekend for more events for you and your family.
Special thanks to Aroundindy.com