OMG!! The temperature is up that what’s up. I’m loving it; it can rain as long as the temps stay in the 50’s – 60’s it’s all good with me. It’s Thanksgiving break for the kids so let them get out and enjoy this wonderful weather while it last. Check out some of the events below happening today around your city.
- The Jolly Days Winter Wonderland is back at the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis through Jan. 4th. The kids ( and even some adults) have fun on the 2 story Yule Slide, goodies, visits with Santa and much more. For more information contact them at 317.334.3322 or visit the web page at www.childrensmuseum.org/exhibits/jolly-days.
- Take a look back at American History with the American Spirits: The Rise and Fall of Prohibition’ at the Indiana State Museum. This exhibit explores the hectic years of prohibition from 1920-1933; see if those times are any different than today. Get more information at www.indianamuseum.org/exhibits/details/id/490.
- It’s the Autumn Art Fair at Garfield Park where you can look and shop for one of a kind items, hand-crafted items and much more. Admission is absolutely free this weekend and you can get details at the web page www.gpacarts.org/.
- Visit one of Indianapolis best holiday attractions, Christmas at the Lilly House at the Museum of Art. Visit this 22 room mansion decorated in styles from the 1930’s, 1940’s and even modern day times. For tour hours give them a call at 317.923.1331 or visit them at www.imamuseum.org/.
- Relax this weekend before Thanksgiving my taking a more closer look at the art of wine making with the Grape to Glass Winery Tour at Easley Winery off of College Ave. Tours run every 15mins. with no reservations required. Visit the web site at www.easleywinery.com/tours.html for more information.
- Jingle Rails are alive with The Great Western Adventure at the Eiteljorg Museum. It’s a locomotive wonderland with replicas of local and national attractions including bridges, tunnels and yes even Lucas Oil Stadium. Check out the events page for Eiteljorg at bit.ly/10dajEP.
- The Indianapolis International Festival is still going on today at the State Fairgrounds inside the West Pavilion. Experience hi-lights from the 50+ ethnic groups in Indy with great authentic food, dances, games and much more. The best part is kids under 5 get in free and kids 6-12 get in for only $6. Get more details at www.IndyInternationalFestival.org/.
- Your Indianapolis Colts take on the Jacksonville Jaguars inside Lucas Oil Stadium today. Kick-off is at 1pm and you can get tickets at Ticketmaster or Lucas Oil box office. GO COLTS!!
Have fun and be safe whatever you and your family decide to do. Don’t forget, take us anywhere by downloading the 106.7 WTLC app from your mobile store so you don’t miss a thing.
Special thanks to Aroundindy.com