Recap: Tensions boil over as an epic face-to-face showdown erupts over the status of Bishop Noel and Loretta’s relationship.Bishop Ron decides he does not want to be any part of any event where Loretta is in charge. Christy defends Jay’s decision to confront Deitrick, while Jay attempts to save a young drug addict’s life.
While frequency or the amount of drugs consumed don’t in themselves constitute drug abuse or addiction, they can often be indicators of drug-related problems.
- Problems can sometimes sneak up on you, as your drug use gradually increases over time. Smoking a joint with friends at the weekend, or taking ecstasy at a rave, or cocaine at an occasional party, for example, can change to using drugs a couple of days a week, then every day. Gradually, getting and using the drug becomes more and more important to you.
- If the drug fulfills a valuable need, you may find yourself increasingly relying on it. For example, you may take drugs to calm you if you feel anxious or stressed, energize you if you feel depressed, or make you more confident in social situations if you normally feel shy. Or you may have started using prescription drugs to cope with panic attacks or relieve chronic pain, for example. Until you find alternative, healthier methods for overcoming these problems, your drug use will likely continue.
- Similarly, if you use drugs to fill a void in your life, you’re more at risk of crossing the line from casual use to drug abuse and addiction. To maintain healthy balance in your life, you need to have other positive experiences, to feel good in your life aside from any drug use.
- As drug abuse takes hold, you may miss or frequently be late for work or school, your job performance may progressively deteriorate, and you start to neglect social or family obligations. Your ability to stop using is eventually compromised. What began as a voluntary choice has turned into a physical and psychological need.
The good news is that with the right treatment and support, you can counteract the disruptive effects of drug use and regain control of your life.
It takes courage and strength to face up to any type of addiction, whether it’s alcohol, drugs, nicotine, gambling, the internet, or self-injury. But no matter how bad the addiction or how powerless you feel, there is hope and help available. Don’t give up, even if you’ve tried and failed before. You don’t have to wait until you hit rock bottom; you can make a change at any time.
Recovery is a process, and there’s bound to be some bumps in the road.
If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction do not feel alone! Recovery is a process, and there’s bound to be some bumps in the road. But you can overcome your addiction by learning how to cope in ways that are constructive rather than destructive to yourself and others. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services offers an extensive listing of licensed, certified drug and alcohol treatment facilities. You can access the database in two ways:
- Use SAMHSA’s Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator to search online.
- Call the referral helpline operated by SAMHSA’s Center for Substance Abuse Treatment:
- 1-800-662-9832 (Español)
- 1-800-228-0427 (TDD)
As with many other conditions and diseases, vulnerability to addiction differs from person to person. Your genes, mental health, family and social environment all play a role in addiction.
Preachers Of L.A Season 2 Episode 2: ‘Truth Be Told’ Recap And Lesson was originally published on elev8.com
Five Things You Should Know About Mary Mary
Indianapolis Walmart gets food license suspended after inspectors find significant rodent activity
Miki Howard Finally Speaks Out About Her Son's Claim That Michael Jackson is His Father
Michael B. Jordan Vs. Jonathan Majors: Who Really Holds The Title Of Sexiest Man Alive?
Active Shooter At Nashville Elementary School; Gunned Down
Girl Group FLO Unites With Missy Elliott In Upcoming Single “Fly Girl” Which Samples The Music Legend
50 Things That Make A Man Want To Marry You (The Ultimate Guide To Understanding A Man's Commitment)
Getting ‘Fits Off: The Best Dressed Men At The 2023 Oscars