Talia Leacock has had natural hair for 11 years. She cut off all of her hair the summer before she began high school. She admits exclusively to HelloBeautiful, “It was a shock, to say the least, but I’ve learned to love my crown.”
Her go-to style for a summertime blowout is the half-fro. Talia explains, “It keeps the hair out of my face and my forehead sweat-free, but I still get the ‘wow’ factor that comes with a big Afro.”
Sounds like a win-win to me!
Here are the products that Talia likes to use to achieve this look:
After washing your hair with the above products, ensure you use the leave-in conditioner and moisturizer before you begin to blow our your hair. You can use a hair serum, but remember these tips about hair and heat.
Blow dry your hair from ear to ear with about two-thirds of the hair in the back. Tie the larger section back to keep it out of the way. Then, slick the front section with curl wax and flat twist or cornrow from ear to ear, securing the end with a bobby pin. Untie the back section and pick it out to desired fullness. Then enjoy the fleekness!
What a fabulous half-fro!
Talia also shares with us the best natural hair tip she has ever received when it comes to washing your hair: wash it in sections.
“I shampoo, condition, and detangle my hair in four sections. It makes for less tangles and frustration, and allows product to properly penetrate throughout my whole head,” Talia explains.
This hair tip will help your locks be more manageable, beauties!
What do you think of the half-fro? Will you try out Talia’s style this summer? Take our poll below!
We here at #TeamBeautiful celebrate our natural-hair sistahs! Submit your natural hair to ContactHelloBeautiful@gmail.com for a chance to be featured! When submitting, please don’t forget to include the following:
1. Two photos of your hair on fleek. (CLEAR, high-res images, please! Everyone is going to see these!)
2. What product you used to achieve the look.
3. How you achieved the look.
4. How long you have been natural.
5. The best natural hair-care tip you have received.
We look forward to seeing all of your beautiful hair photos!
PHOTO CREDIT: Talia Leacock, Getty
The Most Dramatic Celebrity Hair Makeovers
1. Keke Palmer shed her signature long locks to a cute pixie cut…Source: 1 of 23
2. …and now she’s back to long hair but with both sides shaved off.Source: 2 of 23
3. Rihanna went from a dark, straight style…Source: 3 of 23
4. …to long, wavy red and orange locks in a matter of months.Source: 4 of 23
5. Zendaya said goodbye to her controversial faux dreads…Source: 5 of 23
6. …and hello to a sleek, brunette look.Source: 6 of 23
7. We’re used to see Kylie with black hair…Source: 7 of 23
8. …she shocked us all when she was spotted in a light blue wig.Source: 8 of 23
9. Jennifer Lopez is known for her brown and sometimes blonde hair…Source: 9 of 23
10. …now,she’s #TeamShortHair.Source: 10 of 23
11. …now she’s sporting a LOB (long bob) and we love it!Source: 11 of 23
12. Kelis’s blonde curls were her signature for a few years…Source: 12 of 23
13. …as recent as last week, she was spotted rocking a strawberry blonde shade.Source: 13 of 23
14. Justin Bieber’s cut was shorter at the top of the year…Source: 14 of 23
15. …it now looks like he’s growing out one side.Source: 15 of 23
16. Kim Kardashian West’s dark hair is what she’s known for….Source: 16 of 23
17. …so when Kimmy wore a platinum blonde look during Paris Fashion Week, we were definitely shocked!Source: 17 of 23
18. Rita Ora has been a blonde since we first met her a few years ago…Source: 18 of 23
19. Rita is now rocking a pink and purple ombre effect.Source: 19 of 23
20. Teyana Taylor was famously known for her long locks…Source: 20 of 23
21. …she’s now sporting a short cut, reminiscent of the 90’s.Source: 21 of 23
22. Jennifer Hudson has rocked a pixie cut for a while now…Source: 22 of 23
23. …she recently shaved her hair down low.Source: 23 of 23
REAL GIRLS, REAL CURLS: Talia Leacock Teaches Us How To Create A Half-Fro was originally published on hellobeautiful.com