@1067wtlc may be getting you ready for a hot summer, so why not take the time to enjoy it? Not only will there be summer concerts, but you can win tickets to Holiday World Safari all weekend long. IN the meantime check out some other events happening today for you and your family.
- Time for the 29th Annual Wanamaker Old Settlers Day Street Fair off of Southeastern Ave. Not only is it a classic car show, but there’ll be lots of arts, crafts, food rides and much more. Admission is FREE some come on out. Get more information at indyftlions.org/.
- Speaking of fairs, the Marion County Fair is still in town at the Marion County Fairgrounds off of East Troy Ave. Demolition derbies, concerts, midway, food and so much more. The last day of this fair is today so get details at marioncountyfair.org/.
- The Fishers Freedom Festival continues today at Roy G Holland Memorial Park in Hamilton County. It’s a 2 day festival full of live entertainment, kids area, food & fireworks. It’s only $5 to park and admission is FREE. Find out more at fishersfreedomfestival.org/.
- Celebrate pop culture with Indy PopCon at the Indiana Convention Center in downtown Indy. This convention has gaming, comics, Cosplay, fantasy & much, much more. It all ends today at 5pm and tickets range from $20 to $45. Find out more by going to indypopcon.com/.
- Get the girls out for Girls Rock! ‘Kids Day in the Park’ at Broad Ripple Park. The park will be filled with games, live music & performances from 10am-3pm for just $5. Call 317.623.0233 for more details or visit girlsrockindy.org/.
- The American Legion Mall off of Pennsylvania will be filled with kids as a part of the Kids Ultimate Fitness Challenge. It’s the nation’s largest mobile fitness event dedicated to helping kids stay healthy & active. The event is free and starts at 10am and ends at 6pm. Visit allstaractive.com/ for more details.
- If you love seafood, check out ‘Civeche’ Open House Tasting Event at VOM FASS in Hamilton County from 12-4pm. Live demos and tasting to kick off your summer. Get more information at on.fb.me/1Immka7.
- Be a part of the Picnic Concert Series at Mallow Run Winery in Johnson County every Saturday & Sunday. Enjoy live music, great food and of course…WINE. Call 317.422.1556 or visit mallowrun.com/.
- Your Indianapolis Indians are out today at Victory Field to battle the Syracuse Chiefs at 1:35pm. Get ticket information at indyindians.com/.
- While in Broad Ripple check out the Block Party at Rainbow Bridge/Good Earth Natural Foods where the family can find the treasures of Broad Ripple, like the Duck Race starting at 4:30pm. Details at bit.ly/1BpTfxe.
- Stay out at the park, this time Watkins Park off of MLK for Music Box Live at Watkins part of the “Jazz in the Park” summer music series. Get details at indy.gov/concerts.
- Continue with jazz music at the Chatterbox Jazz Club for Jazz Jam Sunday for 21 + only. Jazz Jam is every Sunday from 8-11pm with FREE admission. Visit chatterboxjazz.com/ for details.
- End the weekend with a fireworks show as part of the Freedom Festival in Fishers out at Roy G Holland Park. For more information visit fishersfreedomfestival.org/
For more events scheduled today and throughout the month visit Aroundindy.com.