HAPPY FATHERS DAY!! To not only the daddy’s, but the mother’s who play the double role….this day and everyday is for you. There are plenty of things to keep both you and your dad busy today and it all kicked off around 8am today. Check out some of the events below.
- The 44th annual Pearson Ford Open Tennis Championship is going on at Woodstock Country Club of off W. 38th St. To see what’s happening today visit woodstockclub.com/.
- It’s time again for the demolition derbies, motorcycle races, concerts, midway, food and lots more at this years Marion County Fair here in Indianapolis. It’s the 85th annual Marion County Fair at the Marion County Fairgrounds off of East Troy Ave. It runs now through the 28th. Visit marioncountyfair.org/ for daily specials.
- Open 8am-8pm is Waterman’s Family Farm Market off of Raymond St. Pick your own fruit’s & veggies, plus more. To see what’s happening on the farm, check out watermansfamilyfarm.com/
- Spend a Day Out with Thomas at the Whitewater Valley Railroad. Meet Thomas the Tank Engine, plus storytelling and much more going on this weekend and June 26-28th in Fayette County. To find out more go to tktwb.tw/1MUTgKk.
- Check out the Indianapolis Mega Adoption Event out at the Indiana State Fairgrounds today. Over 1,000 cats & dogs will be available for adoption from 11am – 7pm. Admission is FREE, but $5 to park and $30 adoption fee. Find out more by calling 317.927.7500 or visit indianastatefair.com/
- Looking to stay fit this summer? Be a part of the Intramural Kickball with IndyCatholic at Bishop Chatard High School. All are welcome ages 18-35. If you think you have what it takes go to indycatholic.org/.
- The Picnic Concert Series is back at Mallow Run Winery with live music, food and of course great wine. Held every weekend until the end of September from 12-6pm. Call 317.422.1556 or go to mallowrun.com/ for details.
- El Dia De La Familia Fest is at Military Park with Latin foods, live music, pony rides, and so much more. It’s Indy’s largest recurring Hispanic cultural event is today from 1pm-11pm. Admission is FREE!!! Check out www.wedjfm.com/events for more information.
- It’s a food tasting family celebration in Celebration Park at the State Fairgrounds. The Inaugural “Real Men Cook” is a charity event with over 100 men volunteering to cook for and serve the community from 3-6pm. There is a fee, but proceeds benefit the Julian Center. Get more details at realmencook.com/.
- The SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) has auto racing at the Indianapolis Speedrome off of Kitley Ave., weather permitting at 7pm. Go to speedrome.com/ for more.
- Jazz Jam Sunday starts at 8pm at the Chatterbox Jazz Club off of Mass Ave. Live jazz every Sunday for the 21+ crowd. To find out who performs tonight, visit chatterboxjazz.com/.
To find out more of what’s happening in and around your city visit Aroundindy.com and keep checking back to find out more things happening in your city.