Now that winter is officially over and those temperatures are starting to rise so are those pollen numbers. Allergies are just getting out of control for many and here are a few allergy survival tips taken experts on the Today Show.
- Use air conditioning.
- Exercise indoors.
- Wear a hat and sunglasses when outdoors.
- If you live in the suburbs, don’t hang clothes out to dry.
- Wash your face after going outdoors.
- Keep pollen-laden clothing out of the bedroom.
- Keep floors clean.
- Consider “air-cleaning” indoor plants like English ivy and bamboo palm.
- Shower every night. Rinse the pollens that have collected on your skin and hair throughout the day,
- Gently irrigate your eyelids (eyes closed) with a mild, tear-free baby shampoo to remove allergens and pollutants. Your doctor may also recommend anti-allergy or moisturizing eye drops.