The temps have dropped….brrr!! Kids are still out for winter break so keep them active and their minds working over the break. Check out some of the activities going on today.
- Jolly Days Winter Wonderland is still going on at the Children’s Museum until Jan. 4th. Santa may not be there, but the 2 story Yule Slide is there along with ice fishing, goodies and much more. For hours go to www.childrensmuseum.org/exhibits/jolly-days for more information.
- The holiday tradition of Gingerbread Village lives on at Conner Prairie. Get more sweet treats and see the array of creations for this holiday season. Give them a call at 317.776.6006 for more information or visit their web page at bit.ly/1tf6O8a.
- Ride the Santa Claus Express at Celebration Crossing at the Indiana State Museum. Plus hear bands, choirs and checkout the LS Ayres store windows of the past and much more. Open now until Dec. 31st, call them at 317.232.1637 or visit the web page at www.indianamuseum.org/exhibits/details/id/282 for more details.
- The 101st Annual Indianapolis Auto Show is in town at the Indiana Convention Center. Check out more than 2 dozen dealers & see their latest models. Kids under 12 are free and the show runs now through Jan. 1st. More details are available at www.indyautoshow.com/.
- Want some ideas for your tree next holiday season? Visit the Festival of Trees at the Indiana History Center where they have over 20 trees decked out in ways you couldn’t imagine. Plus films, craft making, face painting, family activities and much more. For more details visit www.indianahistory.org/.
- If the kids are out, you step out into the Grape to Glass Winery Tour at Easley Winery off of College Ave. Get an in-depth look at the art of wine-making and take some home while you’re at it. Tours run every weekend w/no reservations required. Give them a call at 317.636.4516 or visit www.easleywinery.com/tours.html for more details.
- Have Christmas at the Zoo at the Indianapolis Zoo until Jan. 1st. There are holiday activities beginning daily at 5pm. For more info visit bit.ly/1voZC0o.
- Visit Ellis Park in Danville for the 19th Annual Winterland Light Show. It’s a drive-through holiday light display with over 1M lights. Call 317.745.3015 for more details or visit www.danvilleindiana.org/department/division.asp?fDD=4-81.
- Plus the family can join 106.7 WTLC for the Mixdown to 2015 at Caribbean Cove this Wednesday starting at 7pm. It’s all hosted by Jerry Wade and your family at 106.7 WTLC. Get more information at tlcnaptown.com
Happy Kwanza and have a very Happy New Year’s :)
Special thanks to Aroundindy.com