The sun is up and it’s not as chilly as it’s been over the past few days. It’s also the last day of Fall Break for Washington Township students; let the kids go back to school with a bang with some of the events listed below.
- The Fall Harvest Festival is back at Waterman’s Family Farm off of East Washington. Enjoy hayrides, games, music, animals and much more now until Nov. 1st. For prices and more information visit www.watermansfamilyfarm.com/
- Head over to Nashville for the Back Roads of Brown County Studio Tour now until the end of October. Find out more at www.browncountystudiotour.com/
- Visit an Amish farm market, Wilson Farm Market in Hamilton County off of East 256th St. Give them a call at 317.758.5734 or visit www.wilsonfarmmarket.com/
- The Grape to Glass Winery Tour is still going on at Easley Winery off of College Ave. Get all the details for the art of wine-making and take some home with you. For hours see www.easleywinery.com/tours.html or give them a call at 317.636.4516 for details.
- The Walk to end Alzheimer’s is going on at Military Park. Ceremony begins at 1p and the walk at 1:30pm. This is a free event to help out people in your neighborhood. Find out more at bit.ly/alzassnwalk
- The 42nd Annual Pumpkin Harvest Festival is back at Stonycreek Farm in Noblesville. Hang out around the bonfire, enjoy a hayride, the zipline and much more plus food. Stonycreek is open daily from 10a-5pm, get information on tickets at stonycreekfarm.net/pumpkinharvestfestival.htm.
- Donate a gently used or new coat at any Tuchman Cleaners for Bob Gregory’s Coats for Kids. The last day to drop off coats is tomorrow 10/13/14 and they’ll distribute the coats on Oct. 18th at the State Fairgrounds. To find a Tuchman near you, click www.wthr.com/story/11300057/bob-gregorys-coats-for-kids.
- Good at puzzles? Try the Corn Maze at Beasley’s Orchard in Danville. It spreads over 7 acres with four miles of trails. For ticket information visit www.beasleys-orchard.com/; plus kids under 6 are FREE!
- On the 2nd Sunday of each month enjoy Irvington Farmers Market at Ellenberger Park. Visit www.hoosierharvestcouncil.com/farmers-markets/irvington-farmers-market/ to the variety of fresh fruit,produce and vegetables they have to offer.
- Maybe you just want to relax on this cool day, well how about a horse drawn carriage ride? Blue Ribbon Carriage Tours and Yellow Rose Carriage Tours are here to serve you. For hours and prices visit www.blueribboncarriages.com or www.indycarriage.com.
Check back each weekend for fun things to do with your friends and family. Special thanks to Aroundindy.com