Morning fam!! It’s the first weekend of fall and the weather is just great. Hayrides have started along with openings of pumpkin patches…this is sure to be a great weekend. Get out the house and get the kids active this weekend by visiting some of the events below.
- Kick off the weekend by checking out the 44th Annual Fall Bazaar at Faith United Methodist Church. Baked goodies, rummage sale, breakfast & lunch served and the proceeds go to church missions. Festivities began at 8am and go until 3pm. For more information call 317.898.2204 or visit www.faithumc16.org/
- It’s the All You Can Eat Breakfast Buffet at American Legion Post 495 off of East 38th St. Sausage, bacon, eggs, french toast, pancakes…the list goes on. It’s open to the public and is held every Saturday from 9-11am for only $6.50. Visit the website at www.facebook.com/AmericanLegionPost495 for details.
- Visit Stonycreek Farm in Noblesville for the 42nd Annual Pumpkin Harvest Festival. Ride the Pumpkin Train, enjoy the hayride, zipline, bonfires and more all while visiting the pumpkin patch. Call 317.773.3344 or visit stonycreekfarm.net/pumpkinharvestfestival.htm for more information.
- Travel through a 7 acre puzzle of four miles of trails at the Corn Maze at Beasley’s Orchard in Danville. Open every weekend until Oct. 31st. Only $6 for kids 6-11 and under 6 are free when accompanied by an adult. Visit www.beasleys-orchard.com/ for details.
- The 15th Annual Rocky Ripple Festival is in Indy with live music, arts, crafts, food and much more at Hohlt Park off of West 53rd from 11a-6pm. The best part is admission is FREE!! For more details see www.rockyripple.org/.
- The 16th Annual Community Heritage Festival is back and in Avon at Washington Township Community Park. Pony rides, face painting, tractor pull, pet parade…the list goes on and on :). This free event starts at 11am and goes until 9pm.. See avoncommunityheritagefestival.org/ for all the details.
- Enjoy games, prizes, give-aways and more at the 2nd annual Taste of Diversity Festival at Garfield Park Arts Center from 11a-3pm. Bring the entire family out for this free event (except for purchase of food). Visit www.facebook.com/tasteofdiversityevent?fref=ts.
- Take a deeper look at the art of wine-making with Grape to Glass Winery Tour at Easley Winery off of College Ave. It’s held each weekend and tours run every 15mins w/no reservations needed. Plus after the tour stay to get your groove on with Groovin in the Garden. Bring your own chair and enjoy live music for the last weekend of this summer series. Get more info at www.easleywinery.com/tours.html.
- Be a part of the Zombie Walk at Party City in Avon to help feed the hungry in Hendricks County. The admission is free, but zombies should come prepared with non-perishable food items. Find out more at www.avonzombiewalk.com/ or by calling 317.748.7219. The walk starts at 1pm.
- The 24th Annual Indiana AIDS Walk Around the Block is today starting at the Herron Morton Place Neighborhood off of 22nd & Talbot. Plus be a part of the health & wellness fair from 4-6pm with entertainment and more. See www.indianaaidswalk.org/ for details.
- More than 30 restaurants are participating in Northside Nights Restaurant Week and it comes to an end this weekend. These restaurants are offering 3 course meals at valued prices. Find out which northside restaurant is participating in your area by clicking www.northsidenightsindy.com/.
Let’s welcome the first weekend of fall by staying in motion. Be careful and have fun.
Special thanks to Aroundindy.com