A beautiful Easter weekend is finally here. No boots this Easter, but dresses with no sweaters and open toed shoes….beautiful. Shed the winter blues and get out and enjoy spring with some of the events listed below that are sure to put a smile on the kids faces.
- Head over to White River Gardens where the family can enjoy multiple events in one place with Butterfly Kaleidoscope as it returns with over 30 exotic species, White River Gardens is alive with inspirational designs and is adjacent to the Indianapolis Zoo. Check out times and prices of these events by clicking www.indianapoliszoo.com/
- If you’re up north check out the EGGnormous Egg Hunt at Lions Park in Zionsville. Breakfast started at 9am, but the Duck Scavenger Hunt begins at 10:30a. Get pictures with the Easter Bunny, face painting and more as the event is free and open to 11am. See the website at zionsvillelions.com/.
- Another Easter Egg Hunt and Breakfast with the Bunny takes place in Noblesville at First Christian Church. The event is free and takes place from 9:30a-11a. Call 317.773.4582 or www.firstchristiannoblesville.org/ for more information.
- Starting at 9:30am get a free martial arts class and Easter Egg hunt from Level 10 Martial Arts College off of South Emerson. Call 317.782.8000 or click on www.indykarate.com/.
- HBCU Membership Showcase Exhibit is still going strong at the NCAA Hall of Champions. Celebrate the price, tradition and academic excellence of the Historical Black Colleges and Universities. This exhibit ends April 30th and is open today. For times contact them at www.ncaahallofchampions.com/.
- The Propylaeum has a free visit with the Easter Bunny and a Easter Egg Hunt today starting at 11am. The event is outside and kids can bring their own basket and your camera for pictures. See www.thepropylaeum.org/ or contact them at 317.638.7881.
- Bring the whole family out to the Spring Open House and Easter Egg Hunt at Tuttle Orchards off of County Road 300 West. Not only is there a kid’s Easter egg hunt, but there’s one for the adults too as well as local farmers and more. The event is free in Hancock county and starts at 11am. For more information see the website at www.indianapolisorchard.com/event/spring-open-house/.
- Experience the true art of wine-making from harvest to bottle at Grape to Glass Winery Tour at Easley Winery that takes place each weekend. Tours run every 15 minutes and no reservations required. See www.easleywinery.com/tours.html.
- Get a work out with Zahra Zuhaire for a series of belly dancing workshops running through April 20th at Playground Production Studio and the Athenaeum. Hours, pricing and more changes daily; see hipsfromhell.com/events/workshops/zahra-zuhair/information for more details.
- The 7th annual Adult Easter Egg Hunt is back in Carmel at River Heritage Park starting at 3pm. You must be over 18, bring your own bucket and $5. More information available at indianahrs.org/events-details.aspx?eventID=288.
- Getting you ready for Womens Empowerment Series next weekend April 26th are the Salons of Castleton off of East 82nd street. Sipping and shopping from 4-8pm with a $2 donation to benefit the Julian Center. See www.salonsofcastleton.com/ for a Girls Nite Out or call 317.490.5445.
- Your Naptown Roller Girls are back at the State Fairgrounds with a double-header. Doors open at 5:30pm and the first bout starts at 6pm. Kids under 7 are free; see website for times and prices as tickets are higher at the door www.naptownrollergirls.com/.
- Get Breakfast for Dinner at the Indianapolis Propylaeum at 7pm. Exotic drinks and a buffet for $25 plus gratuity. Reservations are required, call 317.638.7881 or visit the website at www.thepropylaeum.org/.
- Playoff’s have begun and the Pacers battle the Atlanta Hawks in Game 1 tonight at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Cheer on your Paces as tip off is at 7pm. For ticket information see www.pacers.com/ or Ticketmaster.
- The Indianapolis Indians battle the Louisville Bats at Victory Field, weather permitting at 7:05p. Tickets available at Ticketmaster or check www.indyindians.com/ for more information.
This weekend is a time of celebration and forgiveness. Spend time with those closest to you and let them know how special they are to you. Happy Easter!!!