There are several weather sites that have us under a winter storm watch until Monday at 7am…I say get out there while temperatures are still decent. It may be your last outing for a few days. There are some wonderful things going on this weekend not only in Indy, but in some areas around us. Check them out below.
- Are you ready to start planting? Check out the 3 day greenhouse sale at the School for the Blind with their House Plant Sale. It started on Thursday and the final day is today, Saturday at 4pm. For more information contact them at 317.253.4546 or www.isbvik12.org/ . Admission is free.
- The Indianapolis Zoo is open at White River State Park with various events through out the year. Also check out White River Gardens while visiting the zoo to combine two great times into one. See www.indyzoo.com/ for more details.
- Find out about Animal Secrets at The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis while discovering hidden habitats and more. Open daily, see the website for more information at www.childrensmuseum.org/animalsecrets
- Looking for volunteer work? Head over to the Volunteer Recruitment Event at Indiana Landmarks Center until 12pm and find out what you can help with including leading tours of the city and more. See https://volunteeropenhouse2014.eventbrite.com/
- Here’s something that should definitely keep you warm; its Grape to Glass Winery Tour at Easley Winery off of College Ave. Take a look of the art of wine-making until 5pm today and 12-3pm on Sundays. To find out more contact them at 317.636.4516 or www.easleywinery.com/tours.html
- Maybe you’re down south…well check out the Winter Warm-up Weekend at Mallow Run Winery in Johnson County. Great food and deserts with live music from 2-5pm. Call 317.422.1556 for more information or click on www.mallowrun.com/.
- Hear about true stories of African-American in the West from Joanna Winston and Native American Cultures from Teresa Webb at the Eiteljorg Museum each Saturday. Visit www.eiteljorg.org/ for details.
- Check out the Kenya Carnival at Second Presbyterian Church off of N. Meridian starting at 2pm. It’s an indoor carnival with food and fun to be had by all that come. Admission is fee but there punch card to play games is $10. See www.globalinterfaithpartnership.org/umoja/educationalsupport/kenya-carnival/
- Indiana Dunes State Park is open with Shelf Ice Seminar going on now until March 22nd. Get a “birds-eye view” and see the different formations of ice along Lake Michigan’s shore. See www.indianadunes.com/
- It’s the 10th Annual Wine, Cheese and All That Jazz in Franklin with a variety of wines from local wineries to sample. Plus cheese, desserts and more while listening to great jazz. Ages 21+. Fore details see www.johnsoncountymuseum.org/
- It’s round 9 of AMA Supercross at they come to Lucas Oil Stadium tonight. The party begins at 12:30pm while practice is going on. Tickets available at venue box office or Ticketmaster. See www.supercross.com/
- It’s USHL Ice Hockey with your Indiana Ice and Chicago Steel at Bankers Life Fieldhouse starting at 7pm tonight. Call 317.925.4423 or visit www.indianaice.com/ for ticket information.
After all that, check out a movie with the family at home and sit back. Stay warm and be safe during this Winter Storm Watch and keep your radio here on 106.7 WTLC to win tickets to see Mike Epps, Doug E. Fresh and more March 15th at Old National Centre