It may be a little cloudy outside but the warm weather is still here so why not enjoy it? Get the family together or maybe a few friends to check out the events going on today around your city.
- For those over the age of 21, the Winter Warmup Weekend is still going on at Mallow Run Winery. Spicy foods and fresh-baked breads and desserts will be on hand today from 12n-6p. You can even enjoy live music from 2-5pm, see their website at www.mallowrun.com
- Ever been to the Athenaeum Theater in Indy? Take the kids out to see The Neverending Story at the Indianapolis Athenaeum presented by the Young Actors Theater today at 1pm and they’ll be back next week as well Jan 18-19. Tickets range from $10-12, see their website for more information at www.yatkids.org
- While it is still warm…how about a horse-drawn carriage around downtown Indy from Blue Ribbon Carriage Tours. The length of the tour and pricing varies so give them a call at 317.631.4169 or the website at www.blueribboncarriages.com
- Pan Am Plaza is open again for ice skating now until Feb. 1st. Skate rental is available and the sessions are for two hours. See their website for times and prices at www.iwsa.org
- Visit the Cutie Pie Pizza Food Truck at Triton Brewing Company at Ft. Benjamin Harris on Indy’s NE Side. Its open Wed/Th 3-10p, Fri/Sat 11a-10p and Sun 1-9pm. Food trucks vary daily, see www.tritonbrewing.com for more information
- Yellow Rose is open for business at 4pm with tours around downtown Indy on a horse-drawn carriage. It’s at the Hyatt Regency downtown and you may check prices at www.indycarriage.com
- Dating for Nerds New Year’s Fixer Mixer is going on at Claddagh Irish Pub staring at 4pm today. Cost is $30 and you can find out more information at www.nerdsatheart.com/events
What ever you and the family do be safe and keep listening for more events happening around your city.