What a beautiful kick off to the weekend. Some kids are already out of school while others still have a week to go. That’s okay because the weekend is for all kids and adults. Check out some of the great events going on in and around Indy below:
- Now until June 18th you could help others with the Simply Give Food Pantry Donation program at Meijer. Purchase $10 Simply Give donation cards at the Meijer at 56th and Keystone that will be converted into Meijer food-only gift cards and given to the St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry. Get more information at svdpindy.org/
- The 14th Annual Race Away from Domestic Violence has started at the Indianapolis City Market. This is an event to benefit the Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence, with 5K walk, run and wheelchair roll, kids activities and more. To how you can help check out bit.ly/2lH7CqT
- It’s that time again for FREE Fishing Day in Indiana. If you’re 18 and older you can fish in public waters without needing a fishing license all weekend. Get more information at in.gov/dnr/fishwild/3598.htm
- Pride Ride is back at White River State. This an event for bicycle riders on the Cultural Trail through Fountain Square to Garfield Park, then back to White River State Park. It started at 9am, so contact circlecityinpride.org/pride-ride/ for details.
- Still trying to declutter your home and get rid of those old documents without having your identity stolen? Well you can do so today as part of Cancer Community Shred Event in Indy and still help to help raise funds for the American Institute for Cancer Research from 9-11 AM. Free admission (suggested donation $5 per box). Details available at proshred.com/
- It’s that time again for the award-winning festival…Vintage Indiana Wine & Food Festival at Military Park. It promotes Indiana wine and food with 200+ wines and great food from Indiana’s top culinary experts, plus live music. 12-6 PM. This is strictly for those 21+. Get more details at vintageindiana.com/
- It’s a Strawberry Festival at Mallow Run Winery, but it’s not just a celebration of strawberries. Its a two day event filled with live music, BBQ treasures, and of course strawberry shortcakes made with locally grown strawberries, plus the annual release of the winery’s small-batch Strawberry Wine. June 3-4: Sat 12-9, Sun 12-6 PM. Find out more at mallowrun.com/
- You just want to sit back and take it easy today? Then you may enjoy Groovin’ in the Garden at Easley Winery near downtown Indy. Bring you lawn chairs, blanket and sit back and listen to live music from 2-5pm. Admission is absolutely FREE; so gather the girls and head out. Details available at easleywinery.com/
- Your Indiana Fever WNBA Basketball team is playing tonight 7p at Bankers Life Fieldhouse against the Dallas Wings. For ticket information visit wnba.com/fever
- Then at 7:05p, the Indianapolis Indians Baseball team hits Victory Field against the Gwinnett Braves. Get information about tickets at indyindians.com/
There are plenty of other things going on in and around your city all weekend. For more event checkout AroundIndy.com
Take Our Music Survey To Win $250 Plus Janet Jackson & Nelly tickets
Shooting At Kansas City Chiefs Parade
Melanin Magic: Black History Month Honorees 2024
Indy Hot Spots With WTLCFM!
Miki Howard Reveals Who SHE Believes is Her "Baby Daddy"--MJ? Joe Jackson? Or Neither?
#ManCrushMonday: 15 Black Actors Who Are Sexy & Under 40
Miki Howard Finally Speaks Out About Her Son's Claim That Michael Jackson is His Father