It has been such a beautiful weekend that all I can do it repeat after Johnny Gill, my, my, my. We kicked off #WES2015 weekend with Remy Martin V at the Buda Lounge downtown and the party continued on Saturday with #WES2015 (Women’s Empowerment Series). The celebrities, shopping, seminars, massages…the list goes on. Today should be a day of rest for us ladies, but no. Get up and continue to keep the kids active because it’s a beautiful day; enjoy it. Check out some of the events below:
- It’s Opening Day at the Track at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Gates are open and you can be a part of the festivities. From Rookie Orientation to the Fan Pit Lane Walk and much more. Call 317.492.8500 for more information or visit indy500.com/.
- The Midwest Reptile Show is here at the State Fairgrounds inside the Southwest Pavilion. Tickets are only $5 and kids 9 & under are FREE. Get details by calling 317.927.7500 or visit www.midwestreptile.com/.
- Help raise money for St. Margaret’s Hospital Guild at the 53rd Annual Decorators’ Show House & Gardens. It’s going on now through May 10th and ticket prices range from $5-$20. Visit showhouseindy.org/ for more information or give them a call at 317.345.4289.
- Clowes Memorial Hall is alive this weekend with Disney’s Beauty and the Beast. Tickets start at $28 and two shows are scheduled for today, Sunday. Find out more by visiting www.cloweshall.org/ or Ticketmaster.com.
- Instead of a walk in he park, take you dog to “Bark in the Park” at Victory Field tonight. Sit back and watch the Indianapolis Indians baseball game with your dog. Find out more at bit.ly/ArInBarkInThePark.
- Then sit back and enjoy your Indianapolis Indians baseball game at Victory Field as they battle the Lehigh Valley IronPigs, weather permitting at 1:35pm this afternoon. Get tickets at www.indyindians.com/.
- Indianapolis Semi-Pro Men’s Basketball is tonight as the Indiana Blaze take on the New Jersey Knights at Noblesville East Middle School in Hamilton County. Cheer on your home team and get more details at www.indyblazebasketball.com/.
- Then wind down at Jazz Jam Sunday at the Chatterbox Jazz Club featuring the Jared Thompson Quartet. For ages 21+ and kicks off at 8pm. See the website chatterboxjazz.com/ for more details.
- Another way to wind down is with Blues & Booze at Memories Bar & Grill each Sunday. Again for 21+ and starts at 7pm. Find out more at DJGeno.com.
Find out more about what else is going on today at Aroundindy.com and keep checking back for more on what’s up in and around Indy.
Follow me on twitter @yaweekendgirl or on FB @britneybfm