The day is starting out so beautiful, and I hear it’s only going to get better. What a perfect day to get out the house from yesterday’s wet weather. Here are some local events happening today in your area or an area close to you; check em out.
- Ellis Park is busy all weekend with the 2nd Annual Danville Downhill Derby. It’s a soap box derby event with activities that vary daily. Today it all ends so give them a call at 317.745.4180 for more information or visit www.visitdowntowndanville.com/.
- The 58th Annual Purdue Grand Prix is this weekend in West Lafayette. Be a part of “The Greatest Spectacle in College Racing” w/the tradition of kart racing around Purdue’s campus. Get more details at purduegrandprix.org/.
- The 3rd Annual WTHR Health & Fitness Expo is this weekend at the State Fairgrounds. This is the last day for this expo full of health screenings, activities, cooking demo’s and more. Tickets are free at WTHR’s website, but $5 at the door. Visit www.wthr.com/expo for details.
- If you know someone that is into photography, have them check out the Macro Photography Workshop today at Garfield Park Conservatory. Learn macro & close up technique’s. There is a registration fee, so call 800.726.5544 or visit robertscamera.com/ for details.
- It’s an Earth Day Celebration at Arthur M. Glick JCC. Get inspired with this family friendly, hands-on community event…FREE. Get details at jccindy.org/community/earth-day/.
- Jazz Jam Sunday is back at the Chatterbox Jazz Club. Live music each weekend for 21+ only. More information is available at chatterboxjazz.com/.
- Looking for something different? Head over to Memories tonight for live Poetry starting at 7pm and, going down the 4th Sunday of each month. Memories is just south of 79th & Michigan Rd.; checkout more on FB at https://www.facebook.com/memoriesindy
For more events going on today or throughout the month visit Aroundindy.com.