It’s been a gloomy and humid weekend and I hear temps will definitely reach 90 this week. Whew!! Maybe some of the events below can help you and your family stay cool this weekend before the heat really kicks in.
- The Simon Skodjt Orangutan Center is open at the Indianapolis Zoo. Be a part of the orangutan experience and get up, close and personal with new friends. While out at the Zoo check out the Butterfly Kaleidoscope inside the Hilbert Conservatory at White River Gardens. Take a look into the life of a butterfly from cocoon to butterfly. For more details see www.indianapoliszoo.com/
- Trying to live gluten-free? Sample hundreds of allergy and gluten-free foods at the State Fairgrounds today until 4pm. Learn from professionals on living without gluten. For ticket info click on www.glutenfreefoodallergyfest.com/
- Visit Easley Winery for their Grape to Glass Winery Tour this weekend. See the art of wine-making from the vine to the glass. No reservation required; see www.easleywinery.com/tours.html for more details.
- Check out “The Secret Circus” at Cook Theatre inside Indiana Landmark Center off of Central Ave. It’s all apart of the Indianapolis Theatre Fringe Festival. Call 317.869.6660 or visit the website www.indyfringe.org/fringe14/.
- Have Sunday on the Patio at Mallow Run Winery in Johnson County. Live music, snacks and of course wine!! Call 317.422.1556 or visit www.mallowrun.com/.
- Devour Downtown Summerfest continues in Indianapolis with more than 70 restaurants offering 3 course,value priced menus now until the end of August. Just ask for the Devour menu; reservations may be required at some venues. To see a list of the participating restaurants, click on www.devourdowntown.org/.
- Here’s a great way to cool down today…the Ice Cream Social at Irvington Presbyterian Church. The social kicks off at 5:30pm with live music at 6p. Admission is FREE and you can get more information at 317.356.7225 or by visiting www.irvpresby.org/.
Whatever you and the family do this weekend be safe, be careful and remember #stoptheviolence.
Special thanks to Aroundindy.com.