What a great day to be outside :) Whether you want to sit back and relax or run with the kids there are plenty of events happening today to keep your day filled. Plus don’t miss @106.7wtlc for the Your Life Matters campaign at the 16th annual Coleman Academy Back in School Carnival on Thursday Aug. 21st. Get more details at tlcptown.com. Below are events happening today :)
- The 158th Indiana State Fair is back at the State Fairgrounds. It’s one of the biggest and best state fairs in the nation and this year is on board to break records again. See the American Idol Tour, Pitbull and more performing and don’t miss $2 Tuesday. Find out more at www.indianastatefair.com/.
- Don’t pay more to park to attend the fair, ride the Fair Train to the Indiana State Fair w/9 departures and returns daily starting at $9. See website for discounts at itm.org/event/fairtrain/.
- Check out the new Simon Skjodt International Orangutan Center at the Indianapolis Zoo and get up, close and personal with Lucy, Azy, Charly, Rocky and many more. While there, check out Butterfly Kaleidoscope at White River Gardens inside the Hilbert Conservatory. Plus interact in the interactive butterfly station. See www.indianapoliszoo.com/ for discounts, prices and more.
- Head over to Fort Harrison State Park for Sacred Pregnancy Retreat for expecting mothers. Connect with other mothers and spend time discovering more about your role. Call 317.662.4773 or visit pregnantmamaretreat.eventbrite.com/ for further details.
- The Hispanic/Latino Music Festival has moved and is now at the Indiana State Fair with live music. Admission is included with your fair ticket and runs until 8pm. Find out more details at www.indianastatefair.com/.
- Woodland Bowl does it big for the kids with Kids Bowl Free Day. Two free games every day for the kids all summer long. Sunday is the kickoff and it runs until Thursday each week. Kids must be registered and can do so at www.kidsbowlfree.com/.
- Visit Easley Winery for their Grape to Glass Winery Tour that runs every weekend. See the art of wine-making with no reservations required. See www.easleywinery.com/tours.html.
- Get the kids ready for school with 106.7 WTLC Cutz & Curlz for Boyz and Girlz today from 12p-6pm out at Lafayette Square Mall. Free hair cuts for boys 5-18 and girls recive a voucher for one of the participating salons. Get your voucher at www.tlcnaptown.com.
- Your Indianapolis Indians are out at Victory Field today at 1:35pm for a battle with the Toledo MudHens. Tickets are still available at ticketmaster or see www.indyindians.com/.
- Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, Jr. is at Buck Creek Playhouse. It’s a youth production of this great fairytale love story. Call 317.862.2270 or visit www.buckcreekplayers.com/.
- The Cupboard Presents The Color Purple today for a matinee show at 3pm at Marian University on Cold Springs Rd. Don’t miss this nominated production about triumph and love. This is the last performance before the cast hits the road on tour. For tickets see www.colorpurple.org
School starts tomorrow for a lot of kids so be sure the kids have fun and get to bed early and ready for school.
Special thanks to Aroundindy.com