It may be a little cloudy now, but high’s are expected in the mid 80’s today w/thunderstorms later tonight. Get up and get the kids out of the house because there’s still plenty to do around the city. Check out some of the events below.
- The National Powwow XVI continues at the Hendricks County Fairgrounds. Check out one of the largest events bringing awareness of the American Indian culture and much more. For activities scheduled today, go to the website at www.nationalpowwow.com/ or by calling 317.718.8750.
- Pokemon US National Championships is in town at the Convention Center in downtown Indy. If you have a pokemon fanatic, bring them out to the tournament for the battles and great fun. See www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/ for more details.
- If haven’t been to the Hilbert Conservatory inside White River Gardens for the Butterfly Kaleidoscope today is the day. Interact with the butterflies and see more than 20 native and exotic species. While there at White River Gardens, head over to the Indianapolis Zoo for the International Orangutan Center. Meet Charly, Azy, Katy and many more. For more information on these two events check out www.indianapoliszoo.com.
- Help your kids enjoy a day of bowling…for FREE. Yes, as par of the Kids Bowl Free day at Woodland Bowl. Kids get two free games every day all summer long. Registration is required, see the website www.kidsbowlfree.com/.
- Visit the UCarnival at the Holiday Inn Express in Greenwood from 11am-8pm for a day of shopping. It’s a fashion exhibition full of Indian ethnic styles. Admission is free, for more details see www.ucarnival.com/indianapolis.
- Have a love for wine? Visit the Grape to Glass Winery Tour at Easley Winery off of College Ave. each weekend to experience the art of wine-making. No reservations required, and tours run every 15 minutes. Find out more at www.easleywinery.com/tours.html.
- Be a part of the ActiveIndy Central Canal Walking Tour at White River State Park and learn about its history. Reservations are required for the 3pm walk; call 317.520.2914 for more details or visit www.activeindytours.com/.
- Cheer on your Indianapolis Indians at Victory Field tonight at 6pm as they take on the Lehigh Valley IronPigs, weather permitting. Tickets available at the box office or Ticketmaster. See www.indyindians.com/.
Be safe this weekend because the month is filled with great events.
Special thanks to aroundindy.com