The sun, the temps…I’m loving it!! Get out the house and shed those winter blues because today the temps are in the 40’s :) A great time to be out of the house. We’re celebrating you’re weekend here at @1067wtlc and you can do the same. Checkout some of hte events listed below going on today and through out the weekend.
- The 4th Annual Chocolate Walk in Danville is still going strong with over 15 shops for you to start your own unique experience. This takes shopping to whole new level. Find out more at www.visithendrickscounty.com.
- Ever wanted to be on TV? Join ‘Inside Hollywood Film & TV: You’re on the Set!’ at the Children’s Museum now until July 26th. Put yourself on the set of TV show you created, full with costumes and much more. Be the actor you’ve always wanted to be. For details visit www.childrensmuseum.org/.
- Get the family out for a day of exploring with Family Day at the Indianapolis Museum of Art. It’s held the first Saturday of each month and is filled with new activities and family types of programs. Great for a day of family adventure. Visit www.imamuseum.org/ for more details.
- If you have an artist in the family, checkout Creativity Fest at the Indiana Landmarks Center off of Central Ave. downtown. Experience Arts for Learning performances and workshops plus meet some of the teachers that bring art to the classroom. The event is absolutely free and open to the public. Find out more at www.eventbrite.com/e/creativity-fest-tickets-9397404891.
- JDRF You Leadership Committee is at it again with Bar Olympics in Broad Ripple. Teams of 2 or 4 will visit various bars through-out the day and compete with other teams at different games like darts, trivia, Wii sports and more. It all kicks off at 12noon and proceeds benefit JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation). Get all the details at bit.ly/1Dy8xPY.
- Ready for good food, music and great wine? The Winter Warm-up is back at Mallow Run Winery in Johnson county and is held each weekend through March. To see whose performing this weekend and the great desserts on hand visit www.mallowrun.com/.
- The 26th Annual Gospel Fest is today at 7pm out at Clowes Memorial Hall. Check out Hezekiah Walker, Le’Andria Johnson and many more. Find out more about this at www.cloweshall.org/.
- Your Naptown Roller Girls are in action at the Indiana State Fairgrounds as they battle the Tornado Sirens. Kids under 7 are absolutely FREE; for ticket information visit www.naptownrollergirls.com/ or the Indiana State Fairgrounds Coliseum box office.
- Want a little mystery in your life without the dramas? Be a part of Good Morning Murder at the Mystery Cafe of Indianapolis. Enjoy dinner with a murder twist now until April 25th at the Milano Inn off of South College Ave. Get more information at www.themysterycafeindy.com/.
- It’s the 3rd Annual Zoolala at the Indianapolis Zoo where proceeds benefit the animals and programs held at the Zoo. Escape to the Arctic at this black-tie affair for ages 21+ only. For ticket prices and more info, give them a call at 317.630.2001 or visit www.indianapoliszoo.com/.
- Get those dancing shoes on and come out to Jazz Saturday at the Chatterbox Jazz Club off of Mass Ave. Live music after dinner for only $7. Find out more at 317.636.0584 or www.chatterboxjazz.com/.
Whatever you do be safe and be careful. Check back each weekend for things going on in and around Indy for you and your family.
Special thanks to Aroundindy.com