What another beautiful day to get the kids out the house and involved in something outdoorzy (is that a word?). From the State Fair to nearby parks, there’s plenty to do this weekend.
- It’s the 7th Red Bull Indianapolis GP Race Day at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. There’s a kids zone, Moto Midway, races and more. Call 317.492.8500 for more information or see www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/.
- Enjoy one of the biggest and best state fairs in the nation, it’s the 158th anniversary for the Indiana State Fair at the State Fairgrounds. Enjoy the rides, the food, the animals and much more now until Aug. 17th. For discounts and more information call 317.927.7500 or visit www.indianastatefair.com/.
- Gas prices may be on the rise so sit back, save and take a ride on the Fair Train. Over nine departures daily starting at 8:45am. Round trip and one way tix available at itm.org/event/fairtrain/.
- Your Indianapolis Zoo is always packed with fun things for the kids including the poplar Orangutan Center where you can get a closer look at this amazing species. Plus check out Butterfly Kaleidoscope inside the Hilbert Conservatory at White River Gardens. More than 40 native butterflies plus an interactive building station. Call 317.630.2001 for more information or see www.indianapoliszoo.com/
- It’s back again, Kids Bowl Free day at Woodland Bowl off of east 96th St. This is FREE for kids only and runs all summer long until Aug. 17th. Kids must be registered for the two free games, see www.kidsbowlfree.com/.
- One of my favorite places, Easley Winery is having their Grape to Glass Winery Tour where you can see the true are of wine-making. This tour runs every weekend and is every 15mins. No reservations required except for parties of 10+. Call 317.636.4516 or visit their website at www.easleywinery.com/tours.html.
- The Indianapolis Indians are at Victory Field again this weekend at 1:35pm to take on the Rochester Red Wings, weather permitting. Tickets still available at the venue box office or by calling 317.269.3542. For the Indians schedule see www.indyindians.com/.
- Open practice is here at the Indianapolis Colts Training Camp at Anderson University. Camp runs now until Aug. 13th and admission is FREE. See www.colts.com/fanzone/events/coltscity.html.
- If you never been down or over to Brownsburg today is the perfect day. Take part of the Brownsburg concert series in Hendricks County. The concert is free and kicks off at 5pm. For more information call 317.858.4172 or visit their facebook page at www.facebook.com/events/1374280046194026/.
Like us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at @1067wtlc and check back for more community events.
Special thanks to Aroundindy.com :)