Yes, it’s cloudy now and it will remain cloudy all day with a chance of thunderstorms this morning through-out this evening. But like momma use to say, “A little rain never hurt anyone”, so as long as it’s not thunder and lightening get out there and keep the kids busy.
- Check out the Hendricks County 4-H Fair in Danville at the Hendricks County Fairgrounds. Activities vary from day to day. For a full schedule, prices and more see www.4hcomplex.org/ .
- The Orangutan Center is open for business at the Indianapolis Zoo. Look into the eyes of an endangered species and maybe get a chance to finger paint with them side-by-side. While there head out to see the Butterfly Kaleidoscope at the Hilbert Conservatory inside White River Gardens. For tickets see www.indianapoliszoo.com.
- Check out Woodland Bowl off of East 96th St. for Kids Bowl Free Day. Two free games every day all summer until Aug. 17th. Registration is required. More information is available at www.kidsbowlfree.com/.
- Experience the art of wine-making by taking the Grape to Glass Winery Tour at Easley Winery off of College Ave every weekend. Tours run every 15mins. with no reservations required. See www.easleywinery.com/tours.html for details.
- The annual Flava Fresh IX Fine Arts Exhibit is back featuring over two dozen artists at the Indianapolis Arts Garden. The event is free and runs until the end of July. For more information contact them at 317.624.2563 or indyarts.org/artsgarden/monthly-calendar.
- Indiana Black Expo Summer Celebration has begun with the Film Festival at the Museum of Art. This two day film festival is free to the public and goes on until 5pm today. See www.indianablackexpo.com/ for details.
- Be a part of the Your Life Matters Parade and Rally today with Universoul Circus, Urban League and 106.7 WTLC. The parade starts at Brightwood Community Center and ends at Washington Park. Free food, entertainment and a FREE circus performance. Get more information at www.facebook.com/universoulcircus.
- If weather permits, your Indianapolis Indians are at Victory Field battling the Columbus Clippers at 1:30p today. Verify with the vendor as thunderstorms are expected today. Visit www.indyindians.com/.
- Want to try something different? How about the Backwards Dinner at the Indianapolis Propylaeum where your clothes are backwards, the tour is backwards and more. Price does include a 3 course meal and starts at $35. Reservations are required so make your today at 317.638.7881 or www.thepropylaeum.org/.
- The O’Jays are in concert tonight at the Carmel Palladium. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame artists LIVE for one night only. For ticket prices call 317.843.3800 or see www.thecenterfortheperformingarts.org/.
Where ever you go take your umbrella an don’t forget the kids :)