- Be careful not to startle – watch and wait for the signal to proceed
- Avoid the ‘ambush’ kiss (although these can be exciting as your relationship progresses.)
- Look deeply into your partner’s eyes. This will send the message that you like them and want to be closer to them. Look for their signals as well.
- Look for a warm, kind smile (even a slight smile is good; it doesn’t have to be BIG.)
- Pay attention to the look on your loved one’s face. This will indicate where they want to go with this kiss.
- Look for good balance. As you move closer to that magical kiss, you don’t want to be leaning too forward awkwardly to get there.
- As you move closer you are sending signals. You want your body to be in a comfortable position during the kiss, so you can enjoy every moment of it.
- Go for a light touch just before the kiss. While a hand lightly on the face is a definite signal of intimacy, holding hands combined with eye contact and a warm look can indicate the beginning of a great kiss to come.
- Make sure you are aligned correctly at this point. This means not only getting your lips on track with theirs, but getting the head tilted correctly as well.
- Tilt your head slightly to one side first. Your partner will likely react and tilt the other way. This is a mutual sign that the kiss will be very welcomed.
- Relax your lips, close your eyes.
- Move in slowly. During step number two you made sure the two of you were aligned correctly, now you can close your eyes as you’re just about to make contact.
- Relax your lips, not tightly pressed together. Give your partner the pleasant experience of feeling your lips softly against theirs.
- Your lips should be recently moistened, but not wet.
- Relax your lips, tilt your head and breathe evenly.
- Moving in, you can part your lips slightly just before contact. Keep your lips relaxed, your tongue in your mouth.
- Keep your head tilted so both of you can still breathe comfortably on contact and as the perfect kiss is held…
S A V O R every moment … be slow, gentle, easy.
- Keep it sweet, not too long and not too wet.
- Don’t pull away too quickly or make any quick movements. Savor. Savor. Savor. Feel the power and romance of the kiss.
Enjoy the moment!
Rest In Power: Notable Black People Who Have Died In 2023
Shy Glizzy Arrested For Allegedly Pulling A Gun & Threatening His Girlfriend
Ya Think?: NAACP Issues Travel Advisory For Florida, “Hostile Toward African Americans”
Miki Howard Finally Speaks Out About Her Son's Claim That Michael Jackson is His Father
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
Eskenazi Health and WTLC are bringing awareness to Mental Health Month!
Miki Howard Reveals Who SHE Believes is Her "Baby Daddy"--MJ? Joe Jackson? Or Neither?
Honoring Chuck Brown, RIP