By Preston Rude
We’ve asked women both online and interviewed dozens in person for some last minute gift idea suggestions. Below is our Top 10 list of items they say their significant other could buy if they haven’t gone shopping yet.
One item missing from the list is gift cards. While some women told us they’d love a gift card so they could go shopping, the vast majority of them told us gift cards would be nice from a friend or relative. But when it comes to “him,” they want something more personal.
Women told us they want something that shows you actually gave some thought and spent time searching for that special gift. So the following is a list that should help any man who still needs to buy his wife or girlfriend a gift this holiday season that should make her smile.
10) – A Designer Purse
9) – Tickets to the Theater (and guys, we don’t mean the movies)
8) – A Trip to the Spa (for two is even better)
7) – Perfume (but not something you liked on an old flame!)
6) – Shoes (but only if you know her size and style, also include the receipt)
5) – A Digital Picture Frame (but only if you load in some pictures ahead of time)
4) – An Apple iPod (but again, only if you take the time to download some special songs just for her. Again, the extra touch is what will make it special).
3) – Luxury Bed Sheets (include it in a package of gifts that will make her feel pampered)
2) – Anything from Tiffany’s (earrings start at $80, so don’t be intimidated men)
1) – Jewelry, Jewelry, Jewelry (there’s something for every price range, it is personal and can last a lifetime)
Adventure trips like a hot air balloon ride, designer sunglasses and even a GPS were also mentioned. But again, women really made it clear they wanted something that should you put some time and effort into selecting the gift.