Actor Cuba Gooding Jr. settles a federal civil lawsuit accusing him of rape in an incident that allegedly occurred a decade ago. The settlement was announced on Tuesday morning as the trial was set to start.
Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
Just as jurors began assembling in the courtroom, they were met with a calendar entry in the official court record which wrote: “TRIAL OFF.” It added: “Reason for cancellation (on consent): the parties have resolved the matter,” according to reports.
His accuser, going by Jane Doe, says that she was sexually assaulted by him twice in a New York hotel in 2013. She alleged that the incident occurred after Gooding insisted on stopping at his room to change clothes. Gooding claims, through his attorneys, that the interaction was consensual. He says that Jane Doe even bragged afterwards about having sexual relations with a celebrity.
This isn’t Cuba Gooding Jr.’s first go-round, having been previously accused of various forms of sexual misconduct by at least 30 women over the years.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR APP AND TAKE US WITH YOU ANYWHERE!
The suit sought out $6 million, including $2 million in compensatory damages and $4 million for emotional distress.
The exact terms of the settlement have not been revealed.
HEAD BACK TO THE RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM HOMEPAGE
Cuba Gooding Jr. Settles Federal Civil Rape Case Just As Trial is Set to Begin was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com
Miki Howard Finally Speaks Out About Her Son's Claim That Michael Jackson is His Father
September is National Suicide Prevention Month
Take Our Music Survey For A Chance To Win $250
Cuba Gooding Jr. Settles Federal Civil Rape Case Just As Trial is Set to Begin
Sign-Up For The WTLC Newsletter!
Halle Berry Says Drake Used Her Photo For “Slime You Out” Cover Art After She Declined, Social Media Reacts
Tom Joyner Fantastic Voyage
An Hour with Republican Candidate for Mayor Jefferson Shreve