Damar Hamlin, who suffered a catastrophic injury on Monday Night Football a week ago, has been officially discharged from the Cincinnati hospital. According to a report, he’s headed back to Buffalo to continue his recovery.
Hamlin experienced cardiac arrest in the first quarter of the game between his Buffalo Bills and Cincinnati Bengals just a week ago. According to his family, Hamlin was resuscitated three times altogether, twice on the field, then once in the hospital.
In the immediate days after the injury, Hamlin’s life hung in the balance. Everyone from heart doctors to football experts chimed in, hoping that the Bills’ safety would pull through. By Friday Hamline was already showing remarkable improvement, with doctors being able to remove the breathing tube that prevented him from speaking after regaining consciousness.
In the first game for the Bills after Hamlin’s injury, his team was able to secure a touchdown on the game’s opening kick, inspiring what many of his teammates believed was a sign from above. The entire NFL showed support for Hamlin during Saturday and Sunday’s games, with many honoring the number 3, Hamlin’s jersey number, as a part of their pregame and postgame rituals.
Fans across the country also showed their support for Hamlin by selling out his jersey and wearing his number 3 on t-shirts, hats, and signs in every stadium in the NFL
It’s unknown at this time exactly when, if ever, Hamlin will be able to return to the football field. For now, we’re pretty sure he’s OK with just being alive, after coming so close to not making it through.
Now that he’s out of the hospital we can all breathe a long sigh of relief! We’ll continue to send encouraging thoughts and prayers to both Hamlin and his family as he continues his road to a full recovery.
- Marion Co. jail officer fired for bringing drugs to work, giving them to inmates
- Ajike Owens’ Killer Susan Lorincz Was Local ‘Karen’ Who Harassed Kids With Racial Slurs, Neighbors Say
- DeVonta Smith Prepares for Newborn Baby in Style! [PHOTOS]
- Christian media giant Pat Robertson dead at age 93
- Portion of Monument Circle going car free, plans in place for Georgia Street to be pedestrian only
- Tupac Shakur receives Walk of Fame star honor in the same month as birthday
- Robert De Niro Co-Signs French Montana Documentary, ‘For Khadija’
- T.I. And Tiny Score Small Win In Legal Battle Against Sabrina Peterson
- Hip Hop 50 Live Announced: The Official Concert Celebrating 50 Years of Hip Hop
- Football to Film: Marshawn Lynch Starring in Raunchy New Comedy “Bottoms” [TRAILER]
Damar Hamlin Discharged From Hospital, Headed Back to Buffalo was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
DC Young Fly’s Partner, Jacky Oh Passed Away During Surgery
Plastic Surgeon Linked To Jacky Oh Is ‘Liposuction & BBL Specialist’ With Negative Online Reviews
Five Things You Should Know About Mary Mary
Take Our Music Survey For A Chance To Win $250
Scheduled Sex Works
Indiana State fair releases first wave of Hoosier Lottery Free Stage concert lineup
Amp Harris Celeb BBall Game 2011 
Miki Howard Reveals Who SHE Believes is Her "Baby Daddy"--MJ? Joe Jackson? Or Neither?