In an exclusive interview with Tudum.com, “Wednesday” creators, showrunners, and executive producers Alfred Gough and Miles Millar talked about the exciting renewal.
“It’s been incredible to create a show that has connected with people across the world,” the two shared. “Thrilled to continue Wednesday’s tortuous journey into season two. We can’t wait to dive headfirst into another season and explore the kooky spooky world of Nevermore. Just need to make sure Wednesday hasn’t emptied the pool first.”
The series produced by MGM Television continues to have a resounding cultural impact across entertainment. The show has inspired social media’s most viral moments and influenced music, fashion, and beauty. Since the show’s debut in November 2022, it has become one of the most successful series ever on the streaming platform. It ranks No. 2 on the Most Popular (English) TV list with 1.237 Billion hours viewed within its first 28 days.
There are a number of impressive statistics to note about the groundbreaking show:
- More than 182 Million households have seen the series since its debut. (1.237B hours divided by 6.8 hours)
- Wednesday crossed the 1 billion hour view mark only three weeks after debut – joining Stranger Things 4 and Squid Game as the third title to reach this milestone within its first 28 days.
- The series broke the record for the most hours viewed in a week for an English-language TV series on Netflix – not once, but twice – when it debuted in the #1 spot with a record-breaking 341.23M hours viewed, and again in its second week with a staggering 411.29M hours viewed.
- To date, Wednesday has had six consecutive weeks with over 100+M hours viewed on the English TV List — another record!
- On TikTok, #WednesdayAddams has amassed over 22 Billion views
- The Wednesday soundtrack reached #1 on the iTunes Soundtrack chart where it remained in the Top 10 for three weeks. Wednesday Addams, the artist, now has over 1 Million followers on Spotify.
- On Spotify, “Goo Goo Muck” by The Cramps saw a streaming increase of more than 9.5K% compared to the month prior to the series release.
- Wednesday’s iconic dance scene has gone massively viral across global social media. Fan-generated content utilizing “Bloody Mary” by Lady Gaga led to a streaming increase of more than 1,800% of the song on Spotify compared to the month prior to the series’ release. Even Lady Gaga joined in on the fun.
- With over 80 Million views and counting, fans can’t get enough of the cast’s reaction to the iconic dance scene video.
- Wednesday’s viral makeup look has been searched for and viewed over 100 Million times by fans on TikTok.
- Wednesday products are in high demand with select items selling out at retailers like Hot Topic, MAC, and Cakeworthy.
We are thrilled for a new season of the hit series. We will keep you updated with details as they come.
Check out the Season 2 announcement below:
No Surprise Here: Netflix’s Record-Breaking Series ‘Wednesday’ Gets A Season 2 Renewal was originally published on globalgrind.com
Snoop Dogg Sends Social Media Ablaze After Declaring He’s Giving Up Smoking
Tom Joyner Fantastic Voyage
The Fix with Karen Vaughn: Terrence Howard Reveals How Little Money He Made From The Movie Hustle & Flow
#ManCrushMonday: 15 Black Actors Who Are Sexy & Under 40
Blind Dates to New Heights: Meet Eagles Legend Jason Kelce’s Wife, Kylie Kelce
Miki Howard Finally Speaks Out About Her Son's Claim That Michael Jackson is His Father
Pied Piper Of R&B: 10 Songs You Probably Didn't Know R. Kelly Wrote
Football to Film: Marshawn Lynch Starring in Raunchy New Comedy “Bottoms” [TRAILER]