Miya Ponsetto, the 22-year-old woman who attacked the black teenager in a New York hotel lobby, sat down with Gayle King just before being arrested. In the interview, Ponsetto apologizes and admitted she could have handled the situation differently, but the tone quickly changes making excuses for her behavior.
Yeah, the footage shows me attacking his son — attacking him how? Yelling at him? Yes. Okay. I apologized. Can we move on?
Ponsetto went on to accuse the father of the teen, Grammy-winning jazz musician Keyon Harrold, of physically attacking her. “But at the end of the day, the dad did end up slamming me to the ground and pulling my hair and throwing me and dragging me across the ground.” Ponsetto also rudely interrupted King as she asked questions throwing her hand up saying, “Alright, Gayle, enough.”
Ponsetto was arrested Thursday, January 7th in California when she was pulled over for a traffic stop. Part two of this interview with air on CBS Mornings on January 11th.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Indianapolis sees spike in accidental shootings, many children falling victim
- Indiana State Fair announces new safety measures, minors must have parent or guardian present after 6 p.m.
- Man who killed mail carrier in 2020 will serve 30 years in federal prison
- Special K News You Can’t Use: Nicknames Gone Too Far [LISTEN]
- Funeral Details Set For Cyrus Carmack-Belton As Killer’s Violent Past Surfaces
- Shannon Sharpe Leaving Undisputed with Skip Bayless After Seven Years
- The Fix with Karen Vaughn: Kim Cattral Is Back!
- New Indy Eleven Stadium and Park breaks ground in downtown Indianapolis
- Indianapolis woman used stolen nursing license to fraudulently work in nursing homes
- Zach Edey to return to Purdue, withdraws from NBA draft
Woman Who Attacked Black Teen Over Lost Phone Speaks with Gayle King was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com