The actress’ representative issued a statement to PEOPLE on Wednesday, revealing that she’s exploring her legal options and despite recent reconciliation, the pair have continued to live separately.
Text “ERICA”to 52140 to join the Get Up! Mornings w/ Erica Campbell mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
“As La La and Carmelo have been living apart for quite some time, La La is proceeding with legal discussions as the next step in their relationship,” the rep said in a statement.
“They will remain loving and committed parents to their son.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
This statement comes after Carmelo found himself in the midst of some controversy. At the end of June, he was spotted on a yacht in the south of France with another woman. He maintained that the woman was the wife of a business partner who was actually on the boat with them, but just wasn’t in the paparazzi pictures. Still, at the time that everything occurred, it was around La La’s birthday, and she spent her special day with her son and friends while Carmelo was abroad making news.
As photos of Carmelo and the woman, Sara Smiri, surfaced, La La posted a photo of a heart with a knife in it in her InstaStories before quickly deleting the image. A few days later, she had a party celebrating her recent birthday in New Jersey, and when asked what Carmelo had done to help her mark the occasion, she said he sent some presents and posted a message for her on social media.
“He sent me some nice gifts and posted something really nice, so I was appreciative,” she told PEOPLE.
The couple were most recently working on their relationship after she filed for separation in 2017. While neither confirmed it, it was alleged that they split because Carmelo had a child with a woman named Mia Angel Burks. The third party has since come out and said that Carmelo hasn’t been present to spend time with their daughter, Genesis.
As for La La, she decided to give her estranged husband a second chance, and they made it official that they reconciled in late 2018.
Despite the Power star currently attempting to make some serious decisions for herself and the couple’s son Kiyan, a source allegedly close to her told PEOPLE she’s doing just fine.
“She’s doing great,” they said. “She’s busy working on several projects and being a devoted mom to her son.”
This story was originally posted on madamenoire.com.
How These Black Celebrity Couples Met
1. Shannon and Monica BrownSource: 1 of 17
2. Magic and Cookie JohnsonSource: 2 of 17
3. Denzel and Pauletta WashingtonSource: 3 of 17
4. Samuel L. Jackson and LaTanya RichardsonSource: 4 of 17
5. Courtney B. Vance and Angela BassettSource: 5 of 17
6. David and Tamela MannSource: 6 of 17
7. Viola Davis and Julius TennonSource: 7 of 17
8. Rodney Peete and Holly Robinson PeeteSource: 8 of 17
9. Tia Mowry and Cory HardrictSource: 9 of 17
10. Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-SmithSource: 10 of 17
11. Spike Lee and Tonya Lewis LeeSource: 11 of 17
12. Nicole Ari Parker and Boris KodjoeSource: 12 of 17
13. Tamia and Grant HillSource: 13 of 17
14. Nicey Nash and Jay TuckerSource: 14 of 17
15. Morris Chestnut and Pam-Byse ChestnutSource: 15 of 17
16. Dwayne Wade & Gabrielle UnionSource: 16 of 17
17. Ice Cube & Kimberly WoodruffSource: 17 of 17
ALSO TRENDING ON GETUPERICA.COM:
- Watch: Tasha Cobbs Leonard NPR Tiny Desk Concert [VIDEO]
- Todd & Kenyetta Dulaney Purchase Their First Home [PHOTOS]
- Mike Epps Weds Kyra Robinson In Star-Studded Ceremony [PHOTOS & VIDEO]
La La Anthony Is Moving Forward With “Legal Discussions” Regarding Future Of Her Marriage To Carmelo was originally published on getuperica.com