Jussie Smollett pleaded not guilty to the 16-count indictment against him Thursday in a Chicago courtroom, according to TMZ.
Last week, a grand jury indicted Smollett on 16 felony counts of lying to authorities about being the victim of a brutal racist and homophobic beating by two masked men in downtown Chicago back in January.
His next court date is scheduled for April 17 but according to TMZ, he will be allowed to travel to L.A. and NY for meetings with his lawyers.
- LisaRaye McCoy Says Duane Martin Ruined Her Marriage and Tisha Campbell Agrees
- Nickelodeon Universe Park Opening This Week
- [Photos] Kayne West Gifts Kim with $1 Million Dollar Gift for Her Birthday
- Suge Knight Gives His Life Away
- Tom Joyner’s Fantastic Voyage 2020!
- Netflix Is Planning On Putting A Stop To Password Sharing
- Domantas Sabonis and Pacers reach four-year deal
- Carmel council urges caution on 5G technology
- Irvington residents concerned about speeding after deadly crash
- Criminal investigation launched after Greenfield administrators overpaid $651K