Jussie Smollett pleaded not guilty to the 16-count indictment against him Thursday in a Chicago courtroom, according to TMZ.
Last week, a grand jury indicted Smollett on 16 felony counts of lying to authorities about being the victim of a brutal racist and homophobic beating by two masked men in downtown Chicago back in January.
His next court date is scheduled for April 17 but according to TMZ, he will be allowed to travel to L.A. and NY for meetings with his lawyers.
- Harvey Weinstein Agrees To Settle With Alleged Victims
- President Trump Directs Intelligence Community To Cooperate With AG Investigation
- Pamela Turner Is Buried While Texas Cop Who Killed Her Is Already Back At Work
- Little Known Black History Fact: Unita Blackwell
- Jussie Smollett’s Criminal Records Are Unsealed
- Is It Important To Have An Intelligent Partner In A Relationship?
- Study Shows Couples Who Have Great Sex In Their Relationship Cheat More
- 3 Tips For Starting A Business, As Told By Tierra Kavanaugh Wayne [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Lil Nas X’s Jeans Collaboration Has Racist Wrangler Fans Shaking In Their Boots
- Y’all Funny, Funny: Black Twitter Changes The Lyrics To These Classic Songs And It’s Hilarious AF