Jussie Smollett pleaded not guilty to the 16-count indictment against him Thursday in a Chicago courtroom, according to TMZ.
Last week, a grand jury indicted Smollett on 16 felony counts of lying to authorities about being the victim of a brutal racist and homophobic beating by two masked men in downtown Chicago back in January.
His next court date is scheduled for April 17 but according to TMZ, he will be allowed to travel to L.A. and NY for meetings with his lawyers.
- Plot Twist: Jada Pinkett-Smith Is Bringing Herself To The Red Table
- Miami Cop Caught On Camera Punching A Black Woman During Argument, “You Black But Acting White!”
- Really!? Alabama College Students Are Reportedly Throwing ‘COVID Parties’ To Predict Who Gets Sick First
- Face masks to be required in Marion Co. starting July 9
- Will Frack Be Back? Phaedra Parks Responds To Returning To #RHOA Rumors
- Carmel pastor suspended after calling Black Lives Matter demonstrators ‘maggots and parasites’
- Spike in Indiana COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations leads to pause on reopening
- A million dollar effort to bring life back to downtown Indianapolis
- Cardi B Drops Off Social Media After Plagiarism Claim
- Tom Hanks Support Basic Safety Measures After Contracting COVID-19