Nearly a week after being a victim of a an alleged homophobic and racist hate crime, Empire star Jussie Smollett made his first public appearance at the Troubadour, a West Hollywood nightclub in Los Angeles, where he performed to a crowd of fans and supporters.
According to Deadline, the crowd included Empire co-creator Lee Daniels, Congresswoman Maxine Waters, and members of his family.
On stage, Smollett said quite a few things as he addressed the crowd. He started by thanking his supporters and acknowledging that he is “OK” despite not being fully healed yet.
“The most important thing that I can say is to keep it simple and say thank you and I’m OK” Smollett said.
“I’m not fully healed yet but I’m going to and I’m going to stand strong with y’all. I had to be here tonight. I couldn’t let those motherfuckers win! I will always stand for love. Regardless of what anyone else says, I will only stand for love.”
Jussie also clarified that following details about his attack.
“I was bruised but my ribs were not cracked.” Smollett stated. “They were not broken. I went to the director immediately. I was not hospitalized. Both my doctors in L.A. and Chicago cleared me to perform but said to take care, obviously and, above all, I fought the f*ck back.”
He then paused and said, “I’m the gay Tupac.”
- Quarantine Meals: New Orleans Style Gumbo Recipe [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Front Page News: The Latest On The Cases Of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery [WATCH]
- After 176 Years, A Virginia City Removes A Slave Auction Block From Its Downtown
- NeNe #RHOA Responds To Claims She’s Creepin’ On Gregg: ‘Let Us Cheat In Peace’
- Carl Crawford Arrested For Allegedly Choking His Ex-Girlfriend At Gunpoint In Front Of A Child
- Detectives looking for four suspects after armed robbery in downtown Indianapolis parking garage
- Indy mayor announces plans to dismantle, remove Confederate monument in Garfield Park
- Marion Co. under 8 p.m. curfew for Friday & Saturday
- NBA Board Of Governors Approves League Restart
- Kanye West Donation For Floyd’s Daughter, Other Families
Jussie Smollett Performs For The First Time Since Attack [VIDEO] was originally published on hot963.com