Rain, rain, go away…not today according to WTHR.com. The rain continues to fall across the state and the forecast show we’re getting between 2 and 5 inches of rain by the end of the weekend. Some of the events listed below are happening rain or shine, but some of the events, you may want to check ahead before going. Check em out below.
- The 2018 INDY ULTIMATE URBAN ADVENTURE RACE is in downtown Indy until 1:30p. You can run or walk in and out of Carroll Stadium, Victory Field, Lucas Oil Stadium, Bankers Life Fieldhouse & Indiana State Museum w/themed challenges at each location. Find out more at indyultimate.com
- Rain or shine, check out one of the largest art fairs in America; 52nd ANNUAL PENROD ARTS FAIR is in town at Newfields, formerly IMA. Check out not only the art, but live entertainment, food and more. Tickets available at penrod.org
- If you don’t mind the rain, head over to Georgia Street at 1pm for the 6th ANNUAL SUN KING CANVITATIONAL. You can sample craft beer from 65 award winning breweries across America, plus food trucks, live music and more until 5pm. canvitational.com
- The FGL FEST is still going on today at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway with a live performance from Nelly around 6:30p. It’s all part of the 2018 Brickyard 400 festivities. Ticket information is available at bit.ly/2APpb3T
- The 44th ANNUAL GERMAN PARK OKTOBERFEST starts at 4pm. This is a 3-day ethnic festival with authentic German food, live music, beer, dancing, and more. Kids 12 and under are free…get details at indianapolisgak.com/oktoberfest/
- Be a part of the WORLDS LARGEST SOUL TRAIN RECORD DANCE ATTEMPT in Richmond. This is an attempt to set the Guinness World Record for the longest “Soul Train” dance (current record 427). Check out inconcertrichmond.com for more details.
- Ever been on a run at night? The NIGHT NATION RUN is today at the State Fairgrounds. Gates open at 5pm, but you may want to join the pre-party that starts at 6:30pm with a live DJ, give-a-ways and more before the race begins at 8pm. To get registered, go to indianastatefair.com/events/
- Boxing is back in Indy with the LIGHTWEIGHTS XL LIVE at Irving Circle Park. This is absolutely free with live music and more. To check out the contenders go to indy.gov/concerts
To find out more of what’s up in and around your city, go to AroundIndy.com. All weekend you have a chance to win a pair of tickets to the 35th Annual Circle City Classic in town Sept. 22nd at Lucas Oil Stadium with Howard Univ taking on Bethune-Cookman and we’ll even throw in tickets to see Whodini at the All Black Affair; only on 106.7 WTLC. Tickets can be purchased on this website.