- Initiate affection with your partner. Show them how little touches and flirtations throughout the day can lead to higher libido – bonus!
- Compliment your partner – praise what they do, what they say, how they look, any effort they’ve made. Praise your partner to others, whether they are in earshot or not (it is likely to get back to them anyway).
- Plan a surprise of something you know they will love and be touched at your thoughtfulness.
- Kiss your partner every day.
- Tell your partner you love them every day.
- Figure out what your love languages are, and your partner’s here and take note of the similarities and differences.
- Flirt in public. Be that couple people stare at in envy. Life is short, embrace it, and each other.
- Make your partner feel special on a regular basis. Make a great meal, give them treasured alone time, go out on well planned dates. Don’t be the human equivalent of the good china, hidden away in the cabinet to be used maybe once or twice a year for super special occasions. Bring the good stuff out, whatever it may be, in each other, frequently. They, and you, are worth it!
- Arrange for your partner to have something they’ve been missing. It doesn’t have to be romantic. Just something you know they crave or miss and give it to them so they appreciate how good it feels to have the satisfaction of something you’ve been missing. If they don’t get the hint, spell it out: just as you’ve been missing (fill in the blank), I’ve been missing romance with you. It feels good doesn’t it, to finally have something again that you’ve been missing!
- Finally, talk to your partner about how you feel about romance and why you love it so much, how it energises the relationship and makes you feel secure and very loved up.
Also On 106.7 WTLC: