- Falling in love too fast: Romanticizing, fanaticizing and reading between the lines can scare a good man. Ignoring and making excuses for a man’s bad behavior can allow the wrong man into your life.
- Clingy, insecure behavior: Men can smell a needy woman’s agenda quicker than he can smell prime rib.
- Fearful, self-protecting behavior: It causes a woman to appear unfriendly and aloof. A woman who is paralyzed at the thought of intimacy, causing her to be afraid to show interest in a man, will block the development of a relationship.
- Talking about money: A man is leery of a woman when her biggest interest seems to be about money and possessions.
- Losing your “mystery”: Sharing too much personal information too soon can squelch a man’s desire to pursue you for a second date.
- Calling and chasing a man: Out of eagerness or insecurity, a woman will impulsively call a man, rather than waiting for him to call her first.
- Caving in for sex too soon: Yes, we are modern, empowered women, but a man needs time to develop strong feelings for a woman. Sex-too-soon can short-circuit an otherwise promising relationship.
- Dating for money and position: A woman who commits or marries for possessions and status may later find herself yearning for the love and intimacy that is absent in her relationship.
- Talking about the men in your past: A man does not want to compete with the men in your past—dead or alive.
- Drinking too much: Don’t try to convince yourself that you “didn’t act stupid” when you drank, when truthfully, you did. Imbibing too much can wreck your chances with a great guy, along with your BMW.
The Experience: 10 Things You Do To Run Off Your Date Almost Instantly! was originally published on wzakcleveland.com