It may not be as warm as it was yesterday, but spring is here people! Days are starting to be longer and hopefully the temperatures will start to rise. For a lot of parents out there, spring break has started and you may be looking for something to keep the kids busy. The events below are not only for today, but the entire weekend with some events going on all week. Check them out below.
- “Visions” is a 3 day event to help the Plainfield Public Library children’s services. It’s the 2nd Annual Arts Gala going on now through Sunday at Plainfield Public Library off of Stafford Rd. Call 317.839.6602 or click on bit.ly/1dLZ8He for more details.
- The Indianapolis Zoo is open in conjunction with White River Gardens inside of White River State Park. Visit with the animals while you explore the fantastic botanical attraction of White River Gardens. Open 7 days a week, call 317.630.2001 or visit www.indyzoo.com/.
- If you’d like to see more animals check out Animal Secrets at the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis where your questions can be answered about the animals. Explore their secret habitats and lives going on now until May 4th. Click on www.childrensmuseum.org/animalsecrets for more details.
- The NCAA Hall of Champions continues the celebration, academic excellence and more as part of the HBCU Membership Showcase Exhibit. The exhibit runs through April 30th at the NCAA Hall of Champions off of West Washington. See www.ncaahallofchampions.com/
- Take a break from the kids and check out how wine is made from beginning to the bottling with Grape to Glass Winery Tour at Easley Winery. No reservations are required unless you have a party of 10 or more. Call 317.636.4516 or visit the website at www.easleywinery.com/tours.html
- If you can’t make the trip up north, check out the Winter Warm-up Weekend at Mallow Run Winery in Johnson County. Great food, desserts, live music and wine of course. This event ends this month so don’t miss this great event with great music as well. See www.mallowrun.com/.
- Live storytelling at the Eiteljorg Museum with stories about African-Americans in the West with Joanna Winston as well as Native American stories from Teresa Webb with drums. Storytelling is every Saturday at 1pm. For more details see www.eiteljorg.org/.
- Clowns, elephants, animals and more are a pat of the Circus Pages Family Circus at the Hancock County Fairgrounds. Two performances at 3pm & 6pm. Free tickets for kids are available at the Greenfield Arby’s. For details see www.circuspages.com/.
- Big congrats going out to the boys Arsenal Tech High School basketball team!! They take on Bloomington North at 6pm as part of the Semi-State Basketball tournament at Richmond High School. Admission is $8 and lets cheer on the Titans as this would be the first State Championship. Good luck from @106.7WTLC
Keep check back through out the week to find more events going on in and around your city. Get your tickets to Women’s Empowerment Series 2014 on our website. It goes down April 26th inside the Indiana State Fairgrounds newly renovated Coliseum. Be safe and watch your back.
Special thanks to Aroundindy.com